Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 02:11 PM

Default Borg 40-80: Big Fold/Big Lie?

Baddish 4-handed 40 game with one thinking-LAG(button) who is the reason I'm staying. Other two in the game are good(BB) and excellent(UTG/CO). My image is TAG and respected.

I'm mainly posting this to see what hand you might give the button. It's a pretty straight forward hand, but I thought it was kind of interesting based on the comments made at the end.

UTG/CO opens, button calls, and I 3-bet red TT in the sb. BB folds, others call.

Flop: Kc-9x-3x
I bet, UTG raises, button smoothies, I call.

Turn: (Kc-9x-3x)Tc
I bet, UTG rauses, button smoothies, I 3-bet, UTG calls, button thinks for a moment and folds.

River: (Kc-9x-3x-Tc)9x
I bet, UTG calls and says "That's so sick!" before showing his hand to the button who says "We had the same hand."

What hand do you give them? And based on that, do you believe the button?

-Blake
Old 11-03-2006, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Borg 40-80: Big Fold/Big Lie?

KJ, KQ, KT would have been hilarious.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:16 PM

K9/KT. But since it can't be KT (button wouldn't try to pass off that he had the fifth T in the deck), I guess they had K9. But why wouldn't he raise the river in case you had QJ? K9 just got there. The only hand he loses to is TT/KK. If he did have K9 and just called the river, that's pretty interesting.

They can't have had QJ because button doesn't fold the nuts on the turn and CO will have to cap the turn.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:03 PM

AK for utg. The lags in these games always lie about what they had. So who knows what the button had. I played with a guy in the 40 game before (might be the same guy) who was laggy and always lied about what he had but always had to tell the table anyway. This one hand I raised TT and he cold called and then called me down on a 9 high board. I rivered a T and he called and i showed TT. He gets pissed and says "I had Queens! unbelievable!" Before he threw his hand in the muck, i pushed two stacks of blue in his direction and said "if you turn over QQ right now, this is yours." The whole table watched as he kinda sighed and mucked his cards. Borgata seems to be full of these type of idiots in the 20 and 40 games.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He gets pissed and says "I had Queens! unbelievable!" Before he threw his hand in the muck, i pushed two stacks of blue in his direction and said "if you turn over QQ right now, this is yours." The whole table watched as he kinda sighed and mucked his cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] this story.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:42 AM

what are blues?
Old 11-04-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what are blues?

[/ QUOTE ]

$10 chips in Atlantic City.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:48 AM

AA
Old 11-04-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Baddish 4-handed 40 game

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP lately there. It worked out, but I'm curious - why not checkraise the turn? I'd guess they both "had" AK, but since you're posting this maybe not. Both had bullets?

Jeff
Old 11-04-2006, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baddish 4-handed 40 game

[/ QUOTE ]

SOP lately there. It worked out, but I'm curious - why not checkraise the turn? I'd guess they both "had" AK, but since you're posting this maybe not. Both had bullets?

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm playing a flopped and turned set the same way in this spot, because I get to 3bet about 95% of the time and the LAG is almost never putting less than two in the pot no matter how I play it. My play looks like a top pair trying to get HU and UTG should be more than happy to try and oblige. Even if LAG folds for the first two bets I end up with the same pot if he's going to fold for the C/R which I think he is based on the fact that he called two cold and folded for one more. (I have the results to make that last statement sound smart, but that's what I was thinking when I called the flop and made my plan for when I spike.)

For those interested, UTG flashed me AKo before mucking. There's a 0% chance LAG had the same hand. Probably not very interesting, but thanks for the responses.