Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-29-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Re: AllIn preflop post

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, i definitely need ATo/A8s here to 3 bomb.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, that's a pretty good cutoff to 3 bet stealers imo
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM

If I call a raise pf and c/f the flop I feel like an idiot. I called just to flop an ace or some horrid undercard flop?

If I call pf and c/c flop I feel like an idiot whether I then c/f turn or river or call down and show ace rag. If he shows a K I feel dumb and if he shows 44 I feel dumb.

It just doesn't seem like I'm giving my hand a chance. I win a minimal pot when I'm good or lose a substantial pot if I look him up. I'm also outdrawn a lot giving free cards to worse hands.

If I call pf it's not pot odds it's because I think my hand is good. If it isn't the 3 outer is not worth it. So I raise pf. In general I don't believe the cheap streets are the place to be saving bets.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:01 PM

Having read the posts from the Med/Highstakes players the main point which hits home is the difficulty of playing this type of hand OOP.

From the concepts explored it would seem that the better player the button the bigger the mistake of 3 betting.
Looking at My PT stats all the Axo hands suck <A8 so we don't want to be investing any extra OOP.

It would seem that 3 betting is therefore an error.