Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 AM

Default A rare support for Ron Paul

I rarely would support Ron Paul, as from my point of view he is a looser of a naivety dimension that is hard to believe. Of course, his supporters are mainly on the internet and at the very least an unusual, and very likely transient, phenomena.

However, here is a link to an article from a side of the press that usually would not support Ron Paul in any way. Yet this article is quite clearly headed "Cheering for Ron Paul" and makes some points that should be thought about by all that can influence the outcome of the 2008 elections (mostly the US citizens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

If you don't bother to read the link call me a biased one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I love smileys, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ! It is a sort od stylistic criticism to ask someone to abstain from them, especially in this forum! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:07 AM

Default Re: A rare support for Ron Paul

Wow, MidGe. You really didn't know that RP was against the Iraq war? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Of course, his supporters are mainly on the internet and at the very least an unusual, and very likely transient, phenomena.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what you've heard from the media, I guess. I was at his rally in Philadelphia and there were (reportedly) 5,000 "real people" there. Not "a dozen internet spammers" as he joked, referring to the media. He just raised 4.2 mil in one day, from 35,000 donors. <<Real people, not just internet spammers.

Anyways, I know this wasn't the point of your post, but seeing as you "offhandedly" mentioned it, in a way that suggested "this isn't the point of my post, don't respond to it", and as usual it was a completly uninformed posistion, I felt like I'd respond.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, MidGe. You really didn't know that RP was against the Iraq war? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, I did. Do you really assume everyone outside the US is ignorant of US politics? Having said that I repeat my view that as far of US politicians are concerned Ron Paul is really part of the third (and obviously last, and obviously trailing that one) tier, that is those who haven't the foggiest understanding of economics and political systems, and have NO chance to win the presidential race, really. I give much to much credence to US citizens to even consider it as a possibility. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:17 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:20 AM

I've had my share of heated debate on this forum recently, but I have to say your comments are coming of as flaming and not debate when you attack RP's understanding of economical and political systems.

I might not agree with the guy (which has more to do with the culture and politics of my country than anything else), but that doesn't mean he can't have a very good understanding of political and economical systems. As it happens in this world of politics, different solutions might all work even if we disagree on their principles.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
third (and obviously last, and obviously trailing that one) tier, that is those who haven't the foggiest understanding of economics and political systems

[/ QUOTE ]

public support of a candidate does not equal a candidate having better understanding of economics and political systems.

Seriously Iron...Where is Nielso at? We should be able to take a vote in that ATF thread.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I've had my share of heated debate on this forum recently, but I have to say your comments are coming of as flaming and not debate when you attack RP's understanding of economical and political systems.

I might not agree with the guy (which has more to do with the culture and politics of my country than anything else), but that doesn't mean he can't have a very good understanding of political and economical systems. As it happens in this world of politics, different solutions might all work even if we disagree on their principles.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong, it is not Ron Paul in particular. It is the entire Austrian School of Economics and derivatives which, in fact, have no credibility at all in economics circles, and quite rightly so.

I mean, even bloggers are censoring the comments made by Ron Paul supporters. That's free enterprise for you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I rarely would support Ron Paul, as from my point of view he is a looser of a naivety dimension that is hard to believe. Of course, his supporters are mainly on the internet and at the very least an unusual, and very likely transient, phenomena.

However, here is a link to an article from a side of the press that usually would not support Ron Paul in any way. Yet this article is quite clearly headed "Cheering for Ron Paul" and makes some points that should be thought about by all that can influence the outcome of the 2008 elections (mostly the US citizens [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

If you don't bother to read the link call me a biased one! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I love smileys, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ! It is a sort od stylistic criticism to ask someone to abstain from them, especially in this forum! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah iron was just kidding when he said the following in the Official Midge thread:

[ QUOTE ]
Midge, I promised in the ATF thread you are pretending not to read that I would give you a chance to be less annoying. I'm going to give you a few tips now:

1. Fewer exclamation points.

2. Fewer smilies.

3. Fewer flames (calling Alex obtuse)

4. Respect the beliefs of other people.

5. If you choose to participate in AC threads in the future, read the AC FAQ in the sticky and do not post criticisms of AC without demonstrating that you comprehend it.

These tips are not suggestions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously you believe they were in fact just suggestions and totally up to you.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]