Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 10-31-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Taj floor decision 2/5 nl

The 3 main people in this hand from left to right are asian lady, crazy russian, and stripper/whore
Russian has like 300 to start the hand with the asian at 850-900 and stripper at about 1500
theres a pf raise and a bet and 2 calls on the flop of
qj7 rainbow
the turn is another q
board:
qqj7 rainbow
asian lady bets 125 russian moves in for 198 total and the stripper calls the 198
Now the asian says Im all in which the stripper immediately calls with the monster know as q5 (the asian has q7 for the boat, and the russian has 3 pair with j7)
The dealer immediatly burns and turns a river blank and is ready to push the entire pot to the asian when somebody says that the all in shouldnt have been allowed (which delights the stripper)

The floor is called over and rules that the asian was not allowed to raise over the top of the russians all in. She would be allowe dto go all in on the river but the cards were exposed so obviolsy the stripper wouldnt call another 600 or so.

What is the correct ruling?
Old 10-31-2007, 07:41 AM

Default Re: Taj floor decision 2/5 nl

Ugh, what a mess. If I were running the game I'd let it stand, since it's clear the action on the river would have been the same.

I have a feeling the "correct" answer probably returns the extra bets, shuffles the river card back in, deals a new river, and cheats the Asian lady out of a well deserved $650.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 AM

wow, that's gross. Like Aristocrats kind of gross. I'll just bump poco and call it good.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:09 AM

If I get it right asian lady was first to act and striper had to act just after.

Then she moved all in in the dark (on the river) and got called in the dark.

100% legal.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:11 AM

Action offered and accepted?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I get it right asian lady was first to act and striper had to act just after.

[/ QUOTE ]

No she didn't. She tried to move all-in on the turn. You can't call a play "in the dark" for a future street when you haven't even acted on the current street. She has to call the current bet first (she could have folded). The fact that she said "all-in" is 100% clearly to be taken as current action, which isn't a legal play.

The river is shuffled back into the deck and Asian lady, must call or fold. Then play proceeds.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:31 AM

Action offered and accepted is fair. Too late to decline Asian lady's all in after river has been dealt, and seeing Asian lady's hand.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:59 AM

the asian lady moved in on the turn not in the dark for the riv

I wasnt sure if you're supposed to be allowed to reraise if someone goes all in for less than a legal raise over your bet (i have heard it its more than half you can-amazingly the exact turn bets were 125 and 198 so it would be a 63 dollar raise and over half a raise)
Then the fact that it was accepted action on the turn leads me to think that the asian lady was cheated. She didn't even seem mad about the ruling. I wouldve thrown a shitfit (but also asked the dealer if i was allowed to reraise and if she said no then waited to shove the river)

Although this as nothing to do with the ruling,less than an orbit later, 2 hands apart the stripper had KK vs 95 on a 9944 turn all in and 95 vs my friends jj on a j992 turn all in and won BOTH hands)
Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 AM

This was heads up cash; the players could have bet on the side whether the house liked it or not. They could have started betting cars, boats and houses, what the hell you going to do? I don't think you can go back here after the river card was dealt.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too bad they didn't explain it this way, I'm guessing.