Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 11-27-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Caught in the middle again.

Folded to Maniac in cutoff who raises, Called by Super Lag from previous post who calls on the button, SB reraises(once again has a bet and a half left to go all in) I am in the BB and decide to just call with 9d9s. I am 95% percent sure that either cutoff or Button will be capping and I think it is best to let them keep the initiative so I can check-raise a favorable flop. Surprisingly, the maniac just calls but the button does not dissapoint and caps.

The flop: JcTc7s

BB bets(all in) and I am next. Do I get involved here? It could get expensive with these two. On the other hand, I may have the best hand and I do have a gutshot draw.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Caught in the middle again.

again i don't like your pf play

what odds do you reckon you're getting right now on your gutshot?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:09 PM

If a spade comes you are probably beat or not getting much out of them. If the 8 comes you get the straight, but will not get much action again. If the magical 8s comes you will get bets out of a higher spade... but let's not count on 1-outers too much.
Do we have any chance of getting the two left to act out with a raise? If so raise it... if not I may get away due to some ugly RIO potentially costing us alot of cheese.

PF: Raise or be gone.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:58 PM

unless this game is 4 handed or less 100% fold-"only call"??? 4-handed raise 100% call 0% you said in another post you were not talking about preflop play-well you should. Stop reading so much of the Ed Miller stuff its messing with your head.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:29 AM

Fold preflop. That's why, so you don't have to deal with these situations where you have no idea what is going on. Getting involved for 4 bets with 99 OOP in a 4-way pot is ridiculous. Re-read Ed Miller on what type of pots you want to get involved with 99 in. 4-way capped pot is pretty much the worst situation possible.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:45 AM

I think this is a call preflop, and on the flop you are going to play your hand as the best hand until shown otherwise. So that means raise.
Old 11-28-2007, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop. That's why, so you don't have to deal with these situations where you have no idea what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see this advice being ok if you are on a short roll or have no clue how to play after the flop. Otherwise, I think this is plainly silly. Given the reads, we can't fold this preflop.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:58 AM

I strongly disagree what do you think the SB's three bet range is? lets say (in light of your holding) 88+,KQo+,KXs+. I dont really like your chances againt him let alone the maniacs who will be acting after you.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I strongly disagree what do you think the SB's three bet range is? lets say (in light of your holding) 88+,KQo+,KXs+. I dont really like your chances againt him let alone the maniacs who will be acting after you.

[/ QUOTE ]

The SB is going all-in, another of those 'I'm going home' scenarios. He could have just about anything. I'm not altogether happy w/ 9's here and could argue the case either way but against a maniac and a super-lag I lean towards playing. That's a pretty bad flop, though, and you're going to be seeing a lot of bad flops, OOP and against very aggressive players when you call w/ hands like OP has and unless you read your opponents well and are able to release it might be best to just fold pf.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Another small bet and he's all in, his range is much much bigger than you're giving him. He's just looking to put it all in and hope.