Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack

View Poll Results: FTP/UB/PS will close down to US customers...
2 months 6 10.34%
6 months 9 15.52%
1 year 7 12.07%
3 year 0 0%
never 36 62.07%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: What Should Affiliates Do in Regards to the Absolute Poker Issue?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...but OTOH promoting a poker room that appears to have been completely involved in the cheating...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're basically saying that poker room management knowingly cheated players. Bit of a stretch, don't you think? Is there any information out there proving this was more than a single disgruntled employee?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right here...LOL it was as 1 theory goes 1 "disgruntled" employee that sent Marco the "smoking gun" by "mistake" a complete hand history with EVERY PLAYERS hole cards,IP addresses and E-mail...This HH proved beyond a reasonable doubt what was happening and that Absolute was lying and attempting to cover it up...Absolute Management attempted to pass it off as bad poker strategy that just got lucky...Absolute did admit to the chip dumping but claimed that it was made to several unrelated accounts and was unrelated since there was no foul play...

I would suggest you read up on the numerous threads and get your facts straight..
Old 10-16-2007, 01:08 PM

As a customer, I prefer to work with companies who choose ethical business practice and long-term profitability over the quick buck.

This means, as a poker player, I'd rather choose (and have already chosen) to work with affiliates who cancel their Absolute deals.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a customer, I prefer to work with companies who choose ethical business practice and long-term profitability over the quick buck.

This means, as a poker player, I'd rather choose (and have already chosen) to work with affiliates who cancel their Absolute deals.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misunderstood the post but what would likely happen if an affiliate dropped AP would be they would still get paid for plyers already sent that choose to keep playing there. Also rakeback players would continue to get paid.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This means, as a poker player, I'd rather choose (and have already chosen) to work with affiliates who cancel their Absolute deals.]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I misunderstood the post but what would likely happen if an affiliate dropped AP would be they would still get paid for plyers already sent that choose to keep playing there. Also rakeback players would continue to get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

By "cancel" I meant "quit taking new players". I was not talking about already existing deals. Sorry, English is not my mother tongue.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:11 PM

NP, just wanted to make sure players knew not to worry if their affiliate bailed on AP.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:27 PM

And the plot thickens as evidence is found that one or more of the players in question have IPs that tie them back to Absolute.

I don't have time to post links right now (on my way out the door), but if you find the thread on the front page of the Zoo (Internet Gambling), you can follow the links from there.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:54 PM

It would be good to have some kind of summarization or "today links".
That threads are long as hell.
Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 AM

I think it is discouraging to see many affiliates still promoting Absolute even though it is known they lie and steal large amounts of money from players. It will make it in the long term difficult to trust affiliates if they do not have their customers interests in mind.

I am obviously not saying all affiliates and I understand they would be giving up some money, but I have a great respect for affiliates/all business people that put their customers above short term money.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:52 PM

I see it the same way. The real problem is I can no longer trust them.

I had had an approach that poker site that isn't on BonusWhores doesn't exist for me (bonuswhores is a guarantee that the site won't steal my money). That was because I saw bonuswhores really fights for their customers (even when it came to the "get bonus and run" situations)
Then I trusted some affiliates and gave a try to some rooms not listed on bonuswhores.

From now on the Bonuswhores is again the only trustworthy server and a poker room not on bonuswhores no longer exists for me. (with the exception of poker rooms that I have good experience with)

What about a well written e-mail that players would send to their affiliates to tell them this decreases their reputation as a "we trust you means we trust poker rooms you promote".
Old 10-18-2007, 01:25 PM

I wouldnt be able to look myself in the mirror if I didnt stop promoting AP. What shocks me the most is them not admitting it which imo is very unprofessional.To bad we are only a small portion of the players and that most of the traffic will keep on going on AP.