Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Things it took me a while to learn part 7, Metagame and Concentrat

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all let’s go over the basics. You’re going to want pokertracker and poker ace HUD if you do serious multi tabling. Some say if you’re paying enough attention you shouldn’t need them, but I tend to disagree. If you’ve got 6 tables up it’s hard to tell if a guy is tight because he’s a bit card dead and a sort of tight player, or a full on mega nit. When PAHUD tells you the guy is 7/5 over 150 hands, you can rest easy folding to his raises in spots you might have taken an alternative action.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, you're recommend using PT for multitablers...

[ QUOTE ]
Also, since it stores players data from previous sessions the information is just completely invaluable.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and then you say the information is invaluable since it stores data from previous sessions???

Or am I just getting it all wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

invaluable

i think you are just getting it wrong.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:26 AM

Invaluable means the opposite to what you would imagine it to.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[...] I'd really like to know what, if anything, you look for in pokertracker/PA HUD when you don't otherwise have notes on a player [...]

[/ QUOTE ]

PA HUD (in combination) with PT is simply the best anyone can do to make life easier. What I´m doing is to have a permanent look to VP$IP, PFR, TA and #Hands - just to have a quick overview for standard situations.

If I indeed come into a tough situation or plan to make a move I just click on the players name and (independent from the figures I directly displayed on the screen) I will get a complete list of the statistical figures of that player.

Valuable data besides the mentioned ones are "Flop Aggression", "Turn Aggression", "Fold to Flop bet", "Fold to Turn Bet", "Fold to River Bet", "Attempt to Steal", "Fold SB/BB to Steal".

Summarized nearly any figures can help you to judge a situation correctly.

<u>Examples:</u>

<ul type="square">[*]If a player raises pf and checks the flop just take a look at his C/R-rate and you will know how to proceed.[*]If a player has a low "fold to flop-bet"-rate but a high "fold-to-turn-bet"-rate, I´m tempted to fire a 2nd-barrel nearly any time with ATC if I´m HU against him and have the initiative.[*]If he instead has a high "Flop Aggression"-factor but a very low "Turn Aggression", maybe even in combination with a high "Fold-to-Turn-Bet"-Rate you´ll know what to do: call the (obvious) c-bet on an adequate board, let him check the turn and smash a reasonable bet into his face. He will mostly fold - if the stats don´t lie. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img][*]If one has a very high "Attempt-to-Steal-Blind"-Rate I´ll look for situations to resteal on him.[/list]There will be much more examples but I´ll stop here.

Hope this helps somehow ...
Old 11-08-2007, 05:18 PM

I have a simple questions: how can you start up to 12 tables? I am registered to 4 pokerrooms and there are not enough MTTs at my stakes (20$-50$) to register for so many tournaments. how do you do that?
Old 11-08-2007, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a simple questions: how can you start up to 12 tables? I am registered to 4 pokerrooms and there are not enough MTTs at my stakes (20$-50$) to register for so many tournaments. how do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on up to 5 rooms with a very wide range in stakes, from 24 dollar FO's some days (though normally my minimum is the 50/50's) to the 1k buy ins.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:46 PM

Bond - I live in the US and I am looking to expand my rooms beyond Full Tilt. Obv., poker stars is a suggestion. But, what other rooms do you suggest that are reliable and that have a nice, fluid movement of $$ back and forth.

Also, I have built a roll to 3.4K. I'm on a massive SNG downswing and, at the same time, my MTT play has taken a marked improvement. Is it time for me to strictly concentrate on MTTs?

Barry
Old 11-08-2007, 10:31 PM

good post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 10:58 PM

Barry,

Unfortunately due to UIGEA, the only US available poker rooms that aren't a major hassle are Tilt and Stars. You can do UB but their support is beyond awful (i am banned and they won't tell me why and i've never done anything CLOSE to wrong there) plus they are owned by same people as absolute.

Bodog is an option but moving money there is annoying since no transfers.

My best advice for this situation is write your senator and tell him you are pissed about the situation and that the WTO may enforce billions of dollars in sanctions just to keep you away from playing poker in your own home. Yea i know, total rant there.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I have built a roll to 3.4K. I'm on a massive SNG downswing and, at the same time, my MTT play has taken a marked improvement. Is it time for me to strictly concentrate on MTTs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like we're in the exact reverse situations. I'm building a roll on stars, up to around $1500, and there is more than enough to keep me fully busy on stars for now. In fact, its around where you're at now, $3000 or so, that I intend to pull some out and set up an account, rakeback, and the $600 bonus on tilt.

For now, as a US player, I cannot fathom playing anywhere but Stars or Full Tilt.

I have written my congressmen too. Unfortunately, I live in Georgia, and I get a form letter back saying that all my congressmen think I'm going to hell for gambling or some such nonsense.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've taken all 7 of bond's strategy posts and copied them to wordpad.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT I have all of them in a folder

Keep it up Bond. We appreciate the MTT love!