Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: How did you guys do while I was away?

They aren't "that" tough if your a good player..

Definitly beatable if your a good player.. Just not for 3.0BB/100..

Theres a pretty significant difference in skill between someone winning 1.5BB/100 and 2.0BB/100 over the long run (say 2 million hands) at the exact same tables in limit.

Edges are small in limit unless you have lots of player constantly making enormous mistakes.

Excellent Players in even higher stakes games are comfortable with 0.86BB/100 and stuff.

I think you could beat say one table of the easiest games on party for 3.0BB/100 if your playing really well..
But if you're planning to play somewhat consistantly and multitable I really dont know..

Im just basing this all of the winrates ive heard of solid players, and ive yet to see a DB recently with winrates higher than 2BB/100 over 100k+ hands in the past year..

I also wouldnt immediatly assume you or OP is on the caliber of skill of these players either.. (not saying you aren't).

Ive seen runs of 3.0BB/100 for 40k hands, then runs of -0.2BB for the next 100k hands by the same player. Scary shiet.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Ive seen runs of 3.0BB/100 for 40k hands, then runs of -0.2BB for the next 100k hands by the same player. Scary shiet.

[/ QUOTE ]

So 80k more hands of this to go?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:42 PM

as for NL to limit comparison and which is more profitable, do any of you guys know a typical winrate and standard deviation for NL? i've heard of winrates around 10ptbb/100, but these figures are meaningless for comparsion to limit until i know the standard deviation.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:21 PM

I wonder how many things could have changed within one year...
I don't want to be one of the players wondering "wow what happened to the games?"
That's why I move down to $5/$10 & $10/$20 even some $3/$6 to start with the "relearn" process (I used to play as high as $50/$100, however my main game was $30/$60)
I personally think the FL games @ PP were much juicier than
PS one year ago. Not sure about what's the situation now. Was 3BB/100 ever this hard to achieve a year ago?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Why in the world would anyone play LHE games on Stars?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:38 PM

I don't think the games at Party are that soft anymore. Everybody always likes to jump on that, but it's not true anymore in my opinion. They are a little softer than Stars, but the good games are much like Heisenb3rg described.

Also, this is probably because I'm running bad, but online limit just feels dead at the moment. Every table is full of aggressive players. Even the bad aggressive players aren't easy to play against. I mean the 50/20/3 type players. You aren't going to be exploiting them much at the stakes we play even though it's pretty clear they are overplaying. The rake doesn't help either. So, ya, it's a couple well read players, a couple spazzy aggro action junkies and one target fish. NL is starting to look attractive.
Old 09-04-2007, 05:00 AM

@ StarRain

Welcome back!

But the games have toughened up.

A little about me: I play small to mid stakes at mostly party and a little at Stars. I have quite a lot of experience with AP as well.

First of: If you can beat Party 10/20 + for 3BB/100 you are the superman of poker. I highly doubt that anything above 2BB/100 is sustainable unless you 2-table or less and play REALLY REALLY good.

And FWIW. Games at party are not that much better than at stars. If you consider the better incentive structure in Stars' VIP program I actually think that you can make more money there. But dont expect to make more than 1.5BB/100 @ 10/20 and above. And that is if you are a really good player. Since you havent played limit in a while I wouldnt be surprised if you were a break even player now.

BTW the guy who claims that party 5/10 is beatable for 3BB/100 long term is either an idiot or the best poker player in the world. My guess is the first.

EDIT:

I missed absolution's post.

I really agree with him.

Party games arent that sweet

The fish are changing. Less loose passive 60/5 types and more lagtard 50/30 types. Both are exploitable but its a hell of a lot easier to play the loose passive. The European fish in particular tend to be maniac lag tards more than the American fish. I might be wrong tho.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, nobody winning at 3BB/100 was the norm one year ago, and also two years ago. Three years ago Schneids and nikla did, and for all we know they were running at least a little bit hot.

It was never easy.

If you can do it, good luck, and stay out of my games. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, nobody winning at 3BB/100 was the norm one year ago, and also two years ago. Three years ago Schneids and nikla did, and for all we know they were running at least a little bit hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

And at least one of them is Mike [censored] Schneider.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1 slighty too tight TAG (24/17/2.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I resemble that remark (25/18.3/2.04), or do the slightly higher stats take me out of the "slightly too tight" range?