Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 02:08 AM

Default * d0nkaments\' finalized summer scedule(exersizes and diet)CRITIQUE PLZ

I have fallen into this groove daily for the past 3 weeks, and its really working well for me. im working fulltime to its hard to have a perfectly efficient/optimal diet and workout plan.

Please, please critique or complement what you think I need to improve on. Nothing thats not constructive... please.

First of all, Goal:
-Burn fat while building/maintaing muscle.

Background:
-19 years old. 210 lbs. 6"1

Scedule Monday through Friday:
7:15 AM - Wake Up
7:30 AM - 8 oz. Nonfat milk with 1 scoop ON Whey Chocolate (24g of actual protein)
8:30 AM - Arrive at work, get my daily cup of coffee with 1 creamer
12:30 PM - Lunch. Whole wheat mutligrain bread, lettuce, 1 slice of American cheese, and super light mayo thin spread. Glass or two of water.
4:00 PM - Snack: Raw Almonds usually, and more water.
6:30 PM - Water+Another scoope of ON Whey, along with a medium sized meal (it varies day to day, but usually healthy with a good amount of carbs)
8:30 PM - Arrive at gym. Begin drinking 1 scoop Berry Sizeon Creatine w/ 18oz. water mixed.
Day A: Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders/Traps, Legs
Day B: Chest, Back, Abs
** Day A and B alternate daily. Ex: Mon. Wed. Friday={A} Tues. Thurs. Sat={B}**
9:45 PM - Run 1 Mile speed 6.5
10:00 PM - Leave gym
10:30 PM - 1 Scoope ON Whey Chocolate with 8 oz. Milk. Chicken Breast or some form of meat.
12:15 AM - Sleep

What do you guys think? I have to go to work everyday from 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM so I cannot change that, but I can change my scedule after work till Midnight.

Thanks, I truly appreciate it.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: * d0nkaments\' finalized summer scedule(exersizes and diet)CRITIQUE PLZ

It would seem to me that you should actually get some kind of food in you before 12:30 PM. And that sandwich...well, it wouldn't kill you to throw some turkey or chicken on it, would it? You're only eating one meal, seems very very light to me. That's all I really know about it, and I'm not the workout schedule expert. Just get some actual food. Some lettuce and a slice of American cheese isn't lunch, I don't think. No reason to starve yourself in the morning.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: * d0nkaments\' finalized summer scedule(exersizes and diet)CRITIQUE

your set/rep scheme is pretty important here, so is the number of exercises per body part and the actual exercises. Also how many calories is that per day, it doesn't seem like a lot. I don't drink coffee and would be starved by lunch time at 12.30 on that diet.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: * d0nkaments\' finalized summer scedule(exersizes and diet)CRITIQUE PLZ

[ QUOTE ]
It would seem to me that you should actually get some kind of food in you before 12:30 PM. And that sandwich...well, it wouldn't kill you to throw some turkey or chicken on it, would it? You're only eating one meal, seems very very light to me. That's all I really know about it, and I'm not the workout schedule expert. Just get some actual food. Some lettuce and a slice of American cheese isn't lunch, I don't think. No reason to starve yourself in the morning.

[/ QUOTE ]

im sorry, i totally forgot to type in that the main part of my lunch sandwich is slices of TURKEY! haha.. sounds pathetic without anything inside. nice catch, and yes, solid advice. thanks.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your set/rep scheme is pretty important here, so is the number of exercises per body part and the actual exercises. Also how many calories is that per day, it doesn't seem like a lot. I don't drink coffee and would be starved by lunch time at 12.30 on that diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

great catch.
biceps:
5 sets of hammer curls with dumbells
3 sets of curls with the straight bar with weights
and then i get a lighter weight and just pump curl my arms 2 sets each until they feel dead
triceps:
4 sets of pulldowns
3 sets of those things where you lie on the bench and do the thing with the straight bar with weights where it comes to your forehead.. i don't know what it's called [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
3 sets of the things where you put the dumbell above your head and rep it up and down above your head to your back.. sorry i dont know these techincal terms
back:
3 sets on the rowing machine
3 sets on that machine where you lie on it and you pull the the weight up and down
chest:
6 sets benchpress (starts with 20 lbs. lower than my max, and keep going down 10-20 lbs each set until 35 on each side)
3 sets on each of the two benchpress machines
abs: lots of situps and oblique situps and the situp machine too

sorry i dont know a lot of the names.. i've been going to the gym for a few years so im not a newb.. i was just never taught the names of the excersizes since my friends trained me and not personal trainers.

i appreciate all the help!!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Day A: Biceps, Triceps, Shoulders/Traps, Legs
Day B: Chest, Back, Abs
** Day A and B alternate daily. Ex: Mon. Wed. Friday={A} Tues. Thurs. Sat={B}**

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to that format?

Since you failed to include the most obvious and best exercises anybody for anything could do and instead included 8 sets of bicep curls...

Your program sucks and I think you'd be better off completely scrapping it and doing something else. Check out the sticky/faq.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 AM

Your workout sucks. Do one of the ones mentioned in the FAQ. Your diet is pretty fine. Eat more often. And use a BMR calc to find out how much to consume each day and adjust from there.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:20 AM

You need to get some carbs in the morning when you wake up...It will help getting your metabolism going.

You need many more servings of fruits/vegetables in your diet.

As other said, your workout sucks, Why would you do triceps, shoulders the day before benching? Those are 2 important muscle groups and your fatiguing them before a major compound exercise?

Read the FAQ find the workouts with 4-5 compound exercises and start doing those.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:55 AM

Eh, the last three posts pretty much nailed this. Read the FAQ and do 5x5 or Rippetoe instead.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:07 PM

Too large a break between breakfast and lunch and push your snack up to about 2:30PM maybe even a meal replacement shake.

Also you got to do at least 10 minutes cardio before working out. I would move the run prior to the weights. Also if you want to drop weight 20 minutes of cardio minimum