Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2007, 03:29 PM

Default PT \"losing\" SNG results?

Does PT have any known bugs after converting to PGSQL for SNGs? It lost $80 of prizes the other day and I just thought maybe it was unlucky and some lag has caused the HH files to mess up, but today it's lost another $30, so overall it's displaying $110 less than my real winnings?

I checked the HH file the first time it happened and it had imported 66 SNGs (PT shows all of them) from 66 HH files (I tried the FPHG output files too) and had a result for each of them, but the winnings was $80 less than it should be???

It has never done this before over 1000's of SNGs in my Access DB and the only times it has done anything similar it has displayed "N/A" for my finish position (it appears to have just totally lost the prizes from the SNGs this time...).

What my options here? Is their anything obvious I can try or is it gonna have to be a week CPU time to re-import all the hands? God I hate PT's slowness... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: PT \"losing\" SNG results?

[ QUOTE ]
Does PT have any known bugs after converting to PGSQL for SNGs? It lost $80 of prizes the other day and I just thought maybe it was unlucky and some lag has caused the HH files to mess up, but today it's lost another $30, so overall it's displaying $110 less than my real winnings?

I checked the HH file the first time it happened and it had imported 66 SNGs (PT shows all of them) from 66 HH files (I tried the FPHG output files too) and had a result for each of them, but the winnings was $80 less than it should be???

It has never done this before over 1000's of SNGs in my Access DB and the only times it has done anything similar it has displayed "N/A" for my finish position (it appears to have just totally lost the prizes from the SNGs this time...).

What my options here? Is their anything obvious I can try or is it gonna have to be a week CPU time to re-import all the hands? God I hate PT's slowness... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I just reimported all the hands into a small Access DB and it's just the same. This is really strange and has never happened before - perhaps the Empire fairy came and gave me some free money or something... who know, but at least I have $110 more than I should so I'm not complaining... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 PM

Maybe you're such a compulsive gambler that you actually imagine winnings in your head to justify continuing playing? It's a possible explanation.

Otherwise, does it report any errors? Do you see an exclamation sign?
Old 05-23-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well I just reimported all the hands into a small Access DB and it's just the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

When are these hands from... today? ages ago? Maybe has something to do with the myriad HHF format changes Party has made over the last few months, requiring older/newer parsers to interpret correctly?
Old 05-23-2007, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you're such a compulsive gambler that you actually imagine winnings in your head to justify continuing playing? It's a possible explanation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I cashed out everything from Party and moved to Empire on the 20th May so I could use my Empire name for a bit and that's the only reason I can be so sure the balances don't match.

[ QUOTE ]
Otherwise, does it report any errors? Do you see an exclamation sign?

[/ QUOTE ]
No nothing. When I've had similar to this before I have had the yellow exclamation mark and the SNG results have said N/A.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well I just reimported all the hands into a small Access DB and it's just the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

When are these hands from... today? ages ago? Maybe has something to do with the myriad HHF format changes Party has made over the last few months, requiring older/newer parsers to interpret correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]
All of them are new, since the 20th of May.

It's not a big problem, but will get irritating in the end if the balances start to diverge more and more in the future.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 PM

Funny you should mention that.. I've just started playing party SNGs again as of last night. First thing I noticed was that when I auto imported the hhf files from the party poker directory poker tracker missed a couple of the tournament summaries. So I then imported the hhf files that FPHG generates (thankyou Juk you are a legend for this program) and poker tracker picked up the tournament summeries I was missing. However my rate of return seemed a bit low still, I didn't take much notice of it till I read this thread. Now I see one of the tournaments I came 3rd in has no prize money!!

Since I have the summary I was able to click on "Edit Tournament Amounts" and enter in my winnings..

So I've had a similiar problem but it isn't from importing from access > postgres but just a real PT bug by the looks of it
Old 05-23-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny you should mention that.. I've just started playing party SNGs again as of last night. First thing I noticed was that when I auto imported the hhf files from the party poker directory poker tracker missed a couple of the tournament summaries. So I then imported the hhf files that FPHG generates (thankyou Juk you are a legend for this program) and poker tracker picked up the tournament summeries I was missing. However my rate of return seemed a bit low still, I didn't take much notice of it till I read this thread. Now I see one of the tournaments I came 3rd in has no prize money!!

Since I have the summary I was able to click on "Edit Tournament Amounts" and enter in my winnings..

So I've had a similiar problem but it isn't from importing from access > postgres but just a real PT bug by the looks of it

[/ QUOTE ]
Now I just looked and three of my 2nds have no prize money and one of my 3rd has none either! I've just entered the amount won in the box and all is back to normal again (this explains the -$110 I had). Pretty strange bug though as PT seems to know where we finished???

I've never noticed, but it seems to have been doing this for a while as some of my old SNGs seem to have the result but no prize money.

Thanks - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: WOW, PT had missed loads of these - I'm only part of the way into the 2nds and I've won over $1k more than I thought! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2007, 08:55 PM

Thinking this must be a bug, altohugh I can't spot anything on the (first page of) PT forums about it...

Juk, you should identify the troublesome HHF files and contact PT Pat.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thinking this must be a bug, altohugh I can't spot anything on the (first page of) PT forums about it...

Juk, you should identify the troublesome HHF files and contact PT Pat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oops, I just fixed them all before I thought about that, but I couldn't see any difference (they still said stuff like: "XXXXXX finished in 3 place and won $ 20 USD."). The next time I see it happen I'll save the HH and send it to Pat.

I suspect this could be happening to a lot of other high volume Party SNG players too, as you just never think to check that you got a prize like this (I used to just check to see if each SNG has a place assigned).