Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Re: So it\'s Foxwoods time again ...

We got a 4-handed 40/80 game going for a little bit today, but while there were 10 people on the list of interest they're all [censored] pussies who wouldn't play with Scary Tiger. I played 3-handed with laggy regular and fishy guy before Ben sat and straddled on the button at every opportunity. They did not straddle on the button. I got aces on my straddle. I won monies.

(Ben lost monies, and I had some of his action so I lost a little bit of monies in that manner.)
Old 08-12-2007, 12:13 PM

I got there 11ish sat a.m., started sayin 'sup bro's' to any group of 3-5 youngish folks, in a manner that they would know what I said if they were in the know, but if they weren't they would think I was talking to someone else. I did this about a dozen times over the day to no avail. Finally at 7:30 I see a small Asian wearing a Stanford shirt and say 'professor ben?', sure enough it is. Got to meet Scary, BBB, TPK, a couple others whose 2P2 names I forgot, nice guys all. BBB and TPD were playing at 5-10, I sweat BBB for a few non-noteworthy hands while waiting to move to 4-8.

I ran up $215 in 8 hours of $2-4, signed up for $4-8, picked up when my turn to post and I'm next on 4-8. 5 tables going, 50 people, should be a couple minutes. Wait, mistake made on player before me, no open seat, he's back on the list. Uh-oh, a dinner re-seat who gets priority is added and I'm third. 30 minutes goes by and no one leaves. Finally they start a table but can't fill it, so we play 7 handed for an hour. I go up $100. Have to wait another 20 mins to get seated, play 6 hours, lose $200. End up plus $115 for about 15 hours of pokar.

I have no funny quotes like last time, only one noteworthy hand. I'm raising standard times, and probably all nine other players combined raised as much as me. Never 3 bet except once by me. Except one pot I'm not in, capped by the button, 7 to the flop. Rainbow rags, someone bets, 7 to the turn. Rag 2nd club, someone bets, 5 to the river. Rag 3rd club, check to button, bet, 3 calls, 7-3 soooooooooooted FTW. About 2 hours later he raised in MP and hit another flush with 7-3 sooooooooted.

Remarkable fact: there was an 82 year old lady at my table for a while who raised AQo twice. If you don't think that's remarkable you have not played live 2-4 with 80+ year old ladies.

Also there was a legally blind (red tip cane) man at our table for the first 3 hours, dealer had to read the board (he could see his cards by putting them a couple inches from his face). Slowed things up a little, but he was a WWII vet, NH sir, thank you.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Remarkable fact: there was an 82 year old lady at my table for a while who raised AQo twice. If you don't think that's remarkable you have not played live 2-4 with 80+ year old ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is rather remarkable. I want to shake this ladies hand.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:30 AM

TUESDAY MORNING UPDATE FROM TEH WOODZ:

On Sunday night we met up w/ a couple of degens from the SSNL forums (silly unlimited hold them players) who showed up again last night. We all ate at Hard Rock Cafe last night and there was much jubilation and rejoicing.

After dinner the 8 of us (BBB, JJH, dchz, myself, DRF, ProfessorBen, and the two NL suckas) were able to get Foxwoods to spread a sweet drunkern $2/$4 HORSE game.

It was particularly loltastic because
1) we are all relatively loud and obnoxious in the first place
2) there were lots of gin and tonics and long island iced teas had by all
3) the NL guys had no idea how to play the minbet hold them (n00bz)
4) ????
5) profit

Also another guy who usually plays $2/$4 started playing a shorthanded 6max game w/ us after ProfBen left the table to play 30/60. BBB, TPK, JJH, DRF, dchz, and Foxwoods $2/$4 reg Dave. lol.

Ok, so when BBB and I get back tonight I'll be posting some sweet handz of goodness (and also tales of misery and woe). Later chumps.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Sitting in the Hartford airport right now.

My personal TR to come, probably just a cross listed version of what will be in MidStakes.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 PM

Ok, BBB and I have returned to Vermont but I'm in the process of moving a bunch of myself back to Cleveland tomorrow so I won't have time to post a full trip report tonight but allow me to give you a little teaser. My best hand of Friday went thusly:

BBB and I are sitting at a nice 5/10 kill game. I'm in the cash money seat (the 10-seat), BBB is in the 5-seat, and the 3rd best player at the table is in the 4-seat. He's a youngish, red-headed lumberjack looking guy. We'll call him LIT for lumberjack-in-training.

So LIT is UTG and our hero TPK is in the CO. Ship it.

The LIT raises it up from UTG and it's folded to our hero who peeks down at AKo and begins to plan his trip through the picturesque streets of Valuetown (3-bets plz). LIT calls and it's HU to the flop. The flop is 2d4c5s and the LIT checks, our hero decides to make a solid valuebet here and LIT check/raises. o rly? Hero calls. Turn is Th. LIT checks, hero-bets and is check/raised again. WTF? River is 9h. LIT checks again, hero bets again and gets check/raised. Umm...ok. Hero starts talking to himself loud enough so the whole table can hear. "I can't believe you got there, god that is so gross." LIT makes flinching motion with hands and hero calls. LIT turns over AJo and hero slams the AK down on the table and ships a crucial big pot. Mr. Lumberjack man got totally trifectowned. Kill pot plz, k thx bye.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, BBB and I have returned to Vermont but I'm in the process of moving a bunch of myself back to Cleveland tomorrow so I won't have time to post a full trip report tonight but allow me to give you a little teaser. My best hand of Friday went thusly:

BBB and I are sitting at a nice 5/10 kill game. I'm in the cash money seat (the 10-seat), BBB is in the 5-seat, and the 3rd best player at the table is in the 4-seat. He's a youngish, red-headed lumberjack looking guy. We'll call him LIT for lumberjack-in-training.

So LIT is UTG and our hero TPK is in the CO. Ship it.

The LIT raises it up from UTG and it's folded to our hero who peeks down at AKo and begins to plan his trip through the picturesque streets of Valuetown (3-bets plz). LIT calls and it's HU to the flop. The flop is 2d4c5s and the LIT checks, our hero decides to make a solid valuebet here and LIT check/raises. o rly? Hero calls. Turn is 9h. LIT checks, hero-bets and is check/raised again. WTF? River is 9h. LIT checks again, hero bets again and gets check/raised. Umm...ok. Hero starts talking to himself loud enough so the whole table can hear. "I can't believe you got there, god that is so gross." LIT makes flinching motion with hands and hero calls. LIT turns over AJo and hero slams the AK down on the table and ships a crucial big pot. Mr. Lumberjack man got totally trifectowned. Kill pot plz, k thx bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

last time i played a hand that way with AKo i got pwned by AA lol. the action was even exactly the same.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:42 PM

gosh that was a good hand, as soon as you said some table talky thing to him his hand twitched like half an inch and you were like callcalcalclalcal, lol
Old 08-14-2007, 11:40 PM

You are a calling station. DUCY?
Old 08-14-2007, 11:59 PM

For the record I never made one ace high call-down when I wasn't good and, in fact, made a couple of solid ace high value bets.

EDIT: Would a 5-bet, fold to a 6-bet line have been optimal?