Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 02:32 PM

Default 1/2 halp, all streets

Villain is otterkopf. I actually don't have too many hands with him but I know he's a 1/2 and 2/4 regular. As far as I could tell he's been playing solidly and I'm just going to assume he's tough.

I think I was originally planning on check/raising this turn but then I figured that the board is so draw heavy he just can't give me much credit here.

PokerStars 100/200 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB
Old 11-05-2007, 04:25 PM

Default Re: 1/2 halp, all streets

Fold flop. Peeling isn't that bad, but man you just get yourself into so many [censored] spots here against a great player when you're OOP and peeling in a small pot with no pair and no draw. There's so many cards that come off like the Kh where you don't really know what to do. This hand is really a perfect example of why I say fold flop.

The rest of the hand looks fine, though I may c/r the turn. You are right that he's not gonna give you a ton of credit but some of the time he just won't have anything. If he reads your soul with A3, then say nh and move on. Sucks on this board but we have to fire the river if we miss.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 PM

i def. think this is a very safe fold vs otterkopf...i just dont think he would ever bluff raise that river with anything less than AJ let alone the FLUSH...i agree with Ian, versus other opponents peeling the FLOP isnt so bad but vs otterkopf who doesnt really steal raise with garbage, i think a FOLD on the flop OOP vs him is def. in line....
Old 11-05-2007, 05:46 PM

why would you ever c/c this flop.
I would definetly fold to the river raise unless im tilting, than i wold reraise repping diamonds [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 09:22 PM

I play the flop/turn the same. River I'd probably c/c.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 AM

sorry, don't play these limts and not qualified to comment on most of the hand, but...

ppl really fold this flop? that seems pretty silly.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:56 PM

How many outs do you think he has? He's getting 5.5:1 so he needs like 8ish outs. Give 1.5 for bdf, 1 for bds, and 1.5 for the overcard and you have a whole 4...
Old 11-06-2007, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ppl really fold this flop? that seems pretty silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys keep amazing me. Q5s peel OOP vs otterkopf who open raise from CO. The flop is amazingly drawy and you can expect to only see 1 card for that flop bet, aka he will never let you see the river cheap.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many outs do you think he has? He's getting 5.5:1 so he needs like 8ish outs. Give 1.5 for bdf, 1 for bds, and 1.5 for the overcard and you have a whole 4...

[/ QUOTE ]

You're discounting a little too harshly and completely ignoring implied odds. A queen is worth more than 1.5 and a 6 is worth a little something and I think I can average at least 1.5 BB on turn and river, because like I said before board is so drawy he can't be folding much.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're discounting a little too harshly and completely ignoring implied odds. A queen is worth more than 1.5 and a 6 is worth a little something and I think I can average at least 1.5 BB on turn and river, because like I said before board is so drawy he can't be folding much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still would be willing to accept that its a fold but its pretty close.