Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

I agree this statement is nonsense and seems to gloss over the fact their initial month long investigation revealed no evidence of wrong doing. This is really sick.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:39 PM

Kurt,

Joe Norton is as concerned as you and will make sure these things are all looked into very closely!
Old 10-21-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
kawanahke is actually (*now*) legitimate and will remain that way from this point on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that they're going to be shutting Absolute down? I'm really hoping that's how this comes to pass. If KGC decides not to do much about it, then it seems like trouble, because I'm not sure people are going to want to take a hammer to KGC since that would affect pretty much all of the sites. EDIT: Barring that, I tend to agree with El D.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just don't see why Chief Norton who is behind KGC would decide to shut down a poker sites which as he just claimed owned 100% by him.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:41 PM

AP and UB together are worth more than a quarter billion dollars. It's hard to believe that the owner would risk the value of his asset by rigging the games, especially in the obvious way we have seen potripper playing. Norton and/or Tom might be dishonest - but are they brain dead? I'm betting on the rogue explanation.

El D,

So I assume you expect KGC to do nothing here?

[ QUOTE ]
Kurt,

Joe Norton is as concerned as you and will make sure these things are all looked into very closely!

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure anywhere we find traction is a good thing. From what we know of Joe Norton, I think its at least a likely (at this point) he is being lied to as it is he's in on the coverup.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:44 PM

Talking about Chip Dumping here I presume:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next Steps

We are still investigating whether the consultant was acting alone or in concert with others, and it appears at this time that all account holders are innocent of collusion and were unaware of any wrong-doing by the consultant, who was immediately terminated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many problems here. First, none of the account holders were ever accused of collusion, so this is a meaning less statement.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:45 PM

I honestly don't know what you expect from Chief Norton or the KGC. It's crystal clear that KGC is nothing more than a front organization for the various gaming sites operated on the tribal territory.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. I, too think that the compensation the aggrieved players get from Absolute should be > 100% of the lost funds, but I really think we're exerting our energies inefficiently in trying to come up with a high-brow algorithm to derive a "logical" figure. I propose that we simply each get 150% of the amounts we lost to the cheaters. Simple, easy, and a reasonable premium.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Teddy. What makes you think for even a nano-second that YOU get to set any terms here? I'm sorry, but you're dreaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't addressing anything other than the posts from the last thread, which I thought were an inefficient use of our collective energies. People were trying to devise an algorithm by which players would not only get compensated their funds that were stolen by the cheats, but also some sort of "expected value" multiplier based on the money that the cheaters "saved" by knowing their hole cards, whereas a legit player would have paid them off. I don't think we're going to come up with an agreeable algorithm like that, so I proposed just a straight-up premium. I think you mistook my proposal for a genuine belief that they give two squirts what I think.

Possible to get some indication of what those who have been spearheading this investigative effort make of the statement?

I think N8 in particular indicated that he was optimistic that AP were going to head in the right direction with this release. Does anyone who has looked into this matter--beyond just following these threads--believe the rogue consultant story could possibly be credible?
Closed Thread