Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

[ QUOTE ]
Someone write a new cliffnotes thread. Seems like stuff has happened. Seems like lots more useless posts have happened as well, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Done.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Is anyone else starting to feel that Absolute feels they've followed thru per the P5s thread Adam posted by giving anonymous quotes and misleading info in the news stories?

It's this part of what Adam said he was told that is starting to bother me a bit...

"we can say that their systems were compromised, and that they are prepared to provide the details in a statement coming shortly. "

While I don't expect them to ever come clean with everything, this is so insufficient thus far as to basically be nothing other than "oops you caught us- here's some bucks" lip service.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM

hopefully they aren't actually serious about their stance that it was a rogue employee and that the rogue employee's intention was to prove something to management

This is beyond ridiculous and they HAVE to know that
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I spoke on the phone with someone high up at AP. While this is not a confidential source of mine, he asked me to not name him specifically. I'm going to honor that wish.

Either way, we talked for about 15 minutes and he explained their stance, I explained my stance, etc, etc. He was very nice and thanked me for my work. Among other things, he said that "geek" was not a correct term to be used here and if someone said that it was not what AP meant.

In addition, he said that AP will clean up and go after the person (persons?) who are responsible.

He said lots of other things, but I don't remember a lot of it word for word and I don't want to misquote. The general gist of the convo was that "AP takes this stuff seriously" followed by "Great, I'd be happy to help" and so on. So the bottom line is that he said all of the right things and, if he's telling the truth, then I believe that AP will come out of this an improved and effective organization. If he's feeding me a pile of crap then we're right back where we've been for the last month.

Lastly, he said they would involve me as a helper or reviewer in some capacity in the audit. I don't know what I'll get to see, but I assume I'll hear more about this as time goes on. I will keep 2p2 updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he reiterate/reaffirm the story about an internal non-management employee engineering the whole thing as a demonstration of Absolute's vulnerability and framing Scott Tom?

[/ QUOTE ]
I did point out specifically that if Scott Tom was being framed that it was one of the most elaborate set ups I've ever seen, including anything from a movie. I told him a few short reasons why and I said one or two things that have not been posted yet explaining why I felt that way.

He didn't specifically admit or deny Scott Tom was involved. I didn't press him for an answer on this phone call because he wasn't going to give it to me anyway. We just have to wait for that.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM

I can't understand how anyone would continue to play on AP when initial speculation about this came out. There are FT and stars which makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would be playing a bulk of their hands there. I mean, the games can't be soft enough to out up with all of this.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone want to see whether you can create a brand new account at AP, claim your info. was sent out, get a free $500, then cashout? I'll take the over on that working.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Suzzer, that may work if your join date wasn't the big issue [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure something like that would never slip past the crack AP investigative team.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else starting to feel that Absolute feels they've followed thru per the P5s thread Adam posted by giving anonymous quotes and misleading info in the news stories?

It's this part of what Adam said he was told that is starting to bother me a bit...

"we can say that their systems were compromised, and that they are prepared to provide the details in a statement coming shortly. "

While I don't expect them to ever come clean with everything, this is so insufficient thus far as to basically be nothing other than "oops you caught us- here's some bucks" lip service.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the fact Adam is physically present in Costa Rica, plays a significant part on why it's wise for him to ruffle a lot of feathers.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand how anyone would continue to play on AP when initial speculation about this came out. There are FT and stars which makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would be playing a bulk of their hands there. I mean, the games can't be soft enough to out up with all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on where your tolerance level is actually. I've run at 10ptbb/100 over my last 30k hands, 7ptbb/100 over my last 250k hands. I'm far from the only person who knows the intimate details of the scandal who wants to be able to play there
Old 10-19-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure something like that would never slip past the crack AP investigative team.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Do it! Give us a tr.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on where your tolerance level is actually. I've run at 10ptbb/100 over my last 30k hands, 7ptbb/100 over my last 250k hands. I'm far from the only person who knows the intimate details of the scandal who wants to be able to play there

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, Ike. How do we know you're not a superuser?
Closed Thread