Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Who gambles online?

Edit/MH: Received from Joanne:

'Thanks to everyone who completed the survey, and thank you for all the comments; they have been very enlightening. We are now in the process of reviewing the feedback, and will be making changes based upon what we have learned. I will post an update within the next few weeks, for those of you who are interested.
Joanne.'

I am a psychology researcher working on a Gambling Survey, [Edit/MH: Link removed as it is no longer live], which has been designed to improve understanding of the characteristics of people who gamble online.

We are launching an online study in a few weeks, at which time you may spot links to our research going up on some of the big (and small) poker and online gambling websites. Before we launch this study large-scale, though, we need to road test it with real gamblers, to be sure we make the research as useful as it can be. We would be very grateful if you would try out the survey (on the basis of complete anonymity). There is the option to leave feedback in a text box at the end of the survey, or you can pm me, here. I would be grateful if you didn’t pass out the link beyond these forums, because we are still in pilot phase of the survey. That said, we will analyse the data we collect, so please, if you do decide to help us out, only fill the survey in once, and try to respond genuinely. As a thank you for your time, you will have the option to enter a prize draw to win one of six 80GB video-playing iPods.

I do apologise if anyone considers this message to be ‘spam’. I would like to reassure you that we are not conducting market research or collecting data for any for-profit reasons. I would also like to make clear that there is no political agenda underpinning our study.

Many thanks for your time,

Best Regards,

Joanne Lloyd

Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Who gambles online?

QUICK EVERYBODY DUCK!!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:24 PM

Nobody here plays online poker.

We all just complain ABOUT online poker.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:41 PM

one of the first questions the survey asks is how much money you SPEND playing online poker. i don't spend anything. but it doesn't even accept $0 as an answer.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Your STUDY IS RIGGED.

Obv.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Prizes offered, ads on poker sites...hmmm.

Who's paying for this and why?
Old 05-25-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one of the first questions the survey asks is how much money you SPEND playing online poker. i don't spend anything. but it doesn't even accept $0 as an answer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-25-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Negative numbers are accepted tho.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, question #2 is unanswerable. I never spent any money on online poker. I don't think that's the information they're looking for, seeing as I've probably put $100k into action this year and I'm a pretty minor player by 2+2 standards.

Joanne, post here when you've changed the verbiage on "spending", and I'll attempt to take the survey again (I couldn't get past the first question on currency). Hint, for question #2 you'll want to ask how often they have taken part in said activities for real money.

Also, please answer the question regarding the funding for your research. Who is paying for the prizes and the ads?

Thanks.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Negative numbers are accepted tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means how much you spend in rake.
Closed Thread