Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 PM

Default Discussion of CTH FAQ

We now have a sticky. TwoPlusTwo doesn't allowed unlocked stickies, so please make any suggestions/corrections here, whether they're changes to current answer or additional questions.

For discussions that could read as advertisements (e.g. "Which virus protection should I use?"), I'll likely start threads like "FAQ: Which virus protection should I use?". That way we can get the general consensus without any official endorsement from 2+2.
-Sam
Old 10-30-2006, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Discussion of CTH FAQ

Anybody know the min size of a pokerstars table? Do any sites have resizable tables besides Party and Stars?
-Sam
Old 10-30-2006, 05:25 PM

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making a CTH sticky!
Old 10-30-2006, 05:45 PM

Thanks, Sam.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:53 PM

you may want to change the part in the sticky where you talk about networking problems and mention "winipcfg.exe". isn't this only for Windows 9x systems? NT and up should be "ipconfig".

just what i saw after a quick glance. thanks though, makes it alot easier on us! (that's if ppl actually read it lol)
Old 10-30-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you may want to change the part in the sticky where you talk about networking problems and mention "winipcfg.exe". isn't this only for Windows 9x systems? NT and up should be "ipconfig".

[/ QUOTE ]Wow, you're right. When I tested it in a command prompt before writing it up, and my brain thought "winipcfg" and my hands typed "ipconfig". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Fixed.
-Sam
Old 10-30-2006, 11:07 PM

Thanks Sam, I've been asking for this for awhile! Glad to see you're the man taking charge!!! It is greatly appreciated. I think we definitely need to get a thread going for the FAQ (or just find a suitable one already in existence) for probably the most common question here....... "what specs should I look for on a new computer." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I saw that you don't have anything yet under the category of "How do I secure my wireless network". I'm sure someone could write a tutorial but I think one the best suggestions is to send people to their router's manufacturer's website. Most every name brand networking company has very simple instructions, often with photos or diagrams, explaining how to set up the security for each of the wireless routers. And since there are hundreds of routers out there, each a little different, it's never easy to write one catch all tutorial. Just throwing that out there. However, a general tutorial isn't necessarily bad. Just no need in us reinventing the wheel. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks again for the hard work Sam.

- Jason
Old 10-30-2006, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know the min size of a pokerstars table? Do any sites have resizable tables besides Party and Stars?
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

If the minimum Shrunk Party = 486x367
The minimum Stars table is the same width (486) and about 1/8' less in height. not sure how to determine the exact size.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:42 PM

Also, rather than re-writing a lot of information there could be links borrowed from the FAQ for the Internet Gambling forum

Very good information like:

Link to AncientPC's Video Card/Multi-Monitor FAQ

and

Extra information about using more than one monitor can be found on This Site
Old 10-31-2006, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-Sam

[/ QUOTE ]

If the minimum Shrunk Party = 486x367
The minimum Stars table is the same width (486) and about 1/8' less in height. not sure how to determine the exact size.

[/ QUOTE ]

I measured the minimal stars window as 483x354 today using printscreen and photoshop.