good stuff

gl everyone tomorrow

plz win the FTP or star one! k thx bye.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:31 AM

Default Re: Updated satellite strategy post

Solid gold sir. Thanks
Old 06-17-2007, 03:22 AM

Anybody have experience with the wsop $27 rebuy sats? there are running a bunch of turbos tomorrow for the wsop 150. It is worth it to rebuy right a way in these, since you get a #370 ticket? I'm thining it might better to not rebuy initially, play realitvely tight, push your good hands and hope to get a 3-4x starting stack as cheap as possible and then addon when you can.

I also wondering what point in rebuy satalites is it not worth it to rebuy at the beginning. Like it seems obvious you should rebuy in 3r to the sunday million or 11rebuys. Where for the 39r to the sunday million rebuying right away might not be the most profitable move in terms of ROI. So I wonder at what fraction of the seat value does the inital buyin cost need to be where its probably best not to rebuy at the beginning. I have a hunch it is somewhere between 1/20th and 1/10th, probably closer to 1/10th. (ie for $8 rebuy to the $88 last chance, the buyin cost is 1/11th of the seat prize)
Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM

You're saying that people make $3000+ mistakes Adanthar, and that's true. However what you're not mentioning is that you have to get to that bubble first, and it's very unlikely you do get there even when playing perfectly. So I tend to disagree that such satellites are more profitable then anything else when those $3000 mistakes occur at a point where you're usually on the rail. Also the number of $3000 mistakes is going to be relatively low, and it's debatable whether those mistakes combined outweigh earlier mistakes by the players.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're saying that people make $3000+ mistakes Adanthar, and that's true. However what you're not mentioning is that you have to get to that bubble first, and it's very unlikely you do get there even when playing perfectly. So I tend to disagree that such satellites are more profitable then anything else when those $3000 mistakes occur at a point where you're usually on the rail. Also the number of $3000 mistakes is going to be relatively low, and it's debatable whether those mistakes combined outweigh earlier mistakes by the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you are trying to point out here. What satalites do you think are more profitable? Clearly 3K mistakes will not be plentiful b/c you generally have to be close to the bubble for such mistakes to occur. If you're br allows and you have a clue, sats like the $650 and $1050 to the wsop me are very very good from both an ROI and hourly rate standpoint since a lot of the players qualified to them through satalites.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you are trying to point out here. What satalites do you think are more profitable? Clearly 3K mistakes will not be plentiful b/c you generally have to be close to the bubble for such mistakes to occur. If you're br allows and you have a clue, sats like the $650 and $1050 to the wsop me are very very good from both an ROI and hourly rate standpoint since a lot of the players qualified to them through satalites.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm pointing out is, why is the WSOP satellite juicier than say a 3 dollar rebuy? He said it's the most profitable tournament of the year, and I would disagree with that.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:01 PM

Nice post. 1 question: which Stars WSOP-150 rebuy would you prefer? The $3+, $8+, $11+, or $27+? They each win a $370 seat.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm pointing out is, why is the WSOP satellite juicier than say a 3 dollar rebuy? He said it's the most profitable tournament of the year, and I would disagree with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he said its probably one of the ten juicest touranments of the year. also a $370 for 11k is >>>> profitable than some 3r to a 215 seat. ducy? also you should note the OP was written a year ago.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice post. 1 question: which Stars WSOP-150 rebuy would you prefer? The $3+, $8+, $11+, or $27+? They each win a $370 seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

the $27 and $11 rebuys are very good. The 8.8 was to the $88 last chance sat. Haven't played any $3rebuys since those don't give out very many seats.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe he said its probably one of the ten juicest touranments of the year. also a $370 for 11k is >>>> profitable than some 3r to a 215 seat. ducy? also you should note the OP was written a year ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh do you play anything else than satellites? I wasn't talking about rebuys into satellites. I was talking about tournaments in general. Why should a WSOP sat be juicier than a cheap rebuy or even the Sunday million which has a ton of weak players coming from sats as well.