Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy

Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM

Default P5s hand (15, bubble)

Hand posted in BBV from Pocket 5s link, where there should not be any strategy so I post it here.

However, I am intresting what you think is the best play here. Is pushing the good?

PokerStars Tournament #57569491, $15+$1 Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200)

Table '57569491 1' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 2: x_QUIXTAR_x (4420 in chips)
Seat 3: ack_1969 (8075 in chips)
Seat 6: jgivg (60 in chips)
Seat 9: takeitdown2 (945 in chips)
jgivg: posts small blind 60 and is all-in
takeitdown2: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ack_1969 [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
x_QUIXTAR_x: calls 200
ack_1969: raises 7875 to 8075 and is all-in
takeitdown2: folds
x_QUIXTAR_x: calls 4220 and is all-in
Old 08-17-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Re: P5s hand (15, bubble)

1st of all quixtar is a regular and knows what hes doing...he wont limp trash there

with the shortstack all in he would have to lose to both and therefore can call kinda wide...maybe JJ+, AK? he could easily be trapping the cl with aa/kk which isnt bad imo if he thinks this guy will push wide

edit: ...so i think the push is pretty bad
Old 08-17-2007, 08:33 AM

I like the push, he can only call with AA (KK ?) here.

[EDIT]Uh sorry, the 60 chips guy is all in so he can call pretty wide. Pushing is overkill. I like a raise to 700/800.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:43 AM

Big stack's range matters a lot. SngWiz says TT+ assuming ATC from big stack and only AA calling from small stack (for some reason it won't let me give him a 0% call range). However with big stack on 60% it's back to QQ+ and on 35+ KK+. This is without the 200 limp, since I'm actually running this problem as an UTG push from big stack and second stack in CO.

Edit: I'm talking about what the other guy can call with vs a shove here, obviously. Whether you shove in this spot as big stack has a lot to do with your opponent, but I would probably tend to raise small instead.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:28 AM

This is terrible. Ideally, you would want SB to win his all in and get some chips so you can abuse the bubble and pick up blinds. I think this is a really clear fold of just about anything.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is terrible. Ideally, you would want SB to win his all in and get some chips so you can abuse the bubble and pick up blinds. I think this is a really clear fold of just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?
quixtar is a very good reg, is not limping with ATC here so it is very likely the bubble will burst anyway.
Pushing here is a really good move.
Actually precisely for your reasons you do it with ATC, you want Quixtar to fold, grabbing blinds and limp and dtripling up the dude short.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Big stack's range matters a lot. SngWiz says TT+ assuming ATC from big stack and only AA calling from small stack (for some reason it won't let me give him a 0% call range). However with big stack on 60% it's back to QQ+ and on 35+ KK+. This is without the 200 limp, since I'm actually running this problem as an UTG push from big stack and second stack in CO.

Edit: I'm talking about what the other guy can call with vs a shove here, obviously. Whether you shove in this spot as big stack has a lot to do with your opponent, but I would probably tend to raise small instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

chris, you should post more in the stt forum.

do you still play sng's?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:03 AM

i am not a big fan of bullying/pwning when the little guy is already all in. you get looked up so often by stuff like JJ TT AK AQ.

this type of play works so much better if the little guy has already folded because then villian (if he knows what he is doing) should only call with AA and sometimes KK. it also is better when villian has opened raised to 600 or so because then you are stealing a lot more chips...
Old 08-17-2007, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the push, he can only call with AA (KK ?) here.

[EDIT]Uh sorry, the 60 chips guy is all in so he can call pretty wide. Pushing is overkill. I like a raise to 700/800.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering the 60 chip shortstack is already allin, what range can x_Q call a push with that is pretty wide?

Can't run the #'s at work but what if hero does push and x_Q puts him on ATC? What range can he call with profitably?

What if we only put hero on 30%?
Old 08-17-2007, 10:33 AM

Mayor : considering shortie is all in , you can almost consider you are ITM and play accordingly but you have at least to beat a random hand often (the one of shortie).