Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-20-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Sporting troll PLO8Killer

yaeahaaa... I only skimmed thru the thread after it was confirmed that its PLO8facekilla.

The guy is either a complete idiot or a very clever troll. Im not keen on having him around either way.

edit: okay now I read it, seems there is a little controversity; All I can say is that he used to post about Omaha in the HU forum trying to derail threads that were CLEARLY about holdem. He would go along and make ridiculous statements and when people asked him for reasoning he would say "Well, in Omaha..."

Ive had a quick fight with him about this stuff once, but then continued to ignore him.

edit2: The truly annoying thing about this was that he would not immediately say that he is referring to omaha. He would have a 10 post discussion with people trying to prove a point and only after a while make it clear that he is talking about omaha. All of this in threads that were clearly referring to holdem.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit2: The truly annoying thing about this was that he would not immediately say that he is referring to omaha. He would have a 10 post discussion with people trying to prove a point and only after a while make it clear that he is talking about omaha. All of this in threads that were clearly referring to holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason I consider this hilarious.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yaeahaaa... I only skimmed thru the thread after it was confirmed that its PLO8facekilla.

The guy is either a complete idiot or a very clever troll. Im not keen on having him around either way.

edit: okay now I read it, seems there is a little controversity; All I can say is that he used to post about Omaha in the HU forum trying to derail threads that were CLEARLY about holdem. He would go along and make ridiculous statements and when people asked him for reasoning he would say "Well, in Omaha..."

Ive had a quick fight with him about this stuff once, but then continued to ignore him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban obv
Old 11-20-2007, 07:43 PM

matt,

in general i accept that the modding style in SE is much lighter than my own, and that's what the forum wants. but i think you could be a little more proactive in terms of 'guiding' or banning posters who are perpetually and ludicrously wrong all the [censored] time, who refuse to listen to others' arguments, who repeat the same argument over and over after it has been clearly and totally discredited, etc.

yeah, sporting events trolling is basically a matter of degree. and when a [censored] troll like tuq is saying that some people are out of line to the point it warrants intervention, i think that indicates a pretty huge degree. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i think it should be quiet, discrete, rare, and totally up to you, but i do think a few people need to get straightened out in that forum.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

but i think you could be a little more proactive in terms of 'guiding' or banning posters who are perpetually and ludicrously wrong all the [censored] time, who refuse to listen to others' arguments, who repeat the same argument over and over after it has been clearly and totally discredited, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just described every sports forum on the internet and for that matter every sports discussion/argument that has ever taken place in history.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when a [censored] troll like tuq is saying that some people are out of line to the point it warrants intervention, i think that indicates a pretty huge degree.

[/ QUOTE ]
EXACTLY!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you just described every sports forum on the internet and for that matter every sports discussion/argument that has ever taken place in history.

[/ QUOTE ]

so because most people are retards when it comes to sports we should let them all be as retarded as they want?

if that's the case i am going to start having some real fun in that forum
Old 11-20-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the sticky, just that we need something to be done when 90% of posters are calling for someone to be sent off.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at it being 90% of posters. A small vocal group of posters (which happens to largely be amongst the same small group that thinks SE should be modded more like OOT) is not 90% of the sports forum posters. Read the most recent posts in the Assani thread in ATF, you'll even see a couple of the most active SE posters outright saying they think all the complaints that PLO8 should be banned are silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also just read that thread and there are only two posts that mention PLO8, so don't make it out like this is a serious case for him.

Could people ignore him? Yes. People can ignore people who flame relentlessly too. We still ban those chumps. This guy is IMO clearly trolling.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so because most people are retards when it comes to sports we should let them all be as retarded as they want?

if that's the case i am going to start having some real fun in that forum

[/ QUOTE ]

We obviously just have different views of how a forum should be modded. You think people should be banned for being wrong or disagreeing with you, I think they should be banned if they break the T&Cs.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the sticky, just that we need something to be done when 90% of posters are calling for someone to be sent off.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at it being 90% of posters. A small vocal group of posters (which happens to largely be amongst the same small group that thinks SE should be modded more like OOT) is not 90% of the sports forum posters. Read the most recent posts in the Assani thread in ATF, you'll even see a couple of the most active SE posters outright saying they think all the complaints that PLO8 should be banned are silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also just read that thread and there are only two posts that mention PLO8, so don't make it out like this is a serious case for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't, I said a couple people had said in that thread that it was ridiculous. You're the one sighting a few people complaining about him as 90% of the forum. End of the day I don't care if he gets banned, he's an idiot. I just won't be the one who bans him unless he does something that is truly out of line. From what you guys are saying there's basis for someone from one of the strat forums to just ban him anyways.