Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 10-24-2007, 04:31 PM

Default Sick stud8 hand from WSOP HORSE

Eli Elezra is low with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Erick Lindgren completes with split (Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Chip Reese calls with (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], some folds, then Mike Wattel raises it with (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Eli looks down at rolled up (5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and calls. Erick folds his queens and Chip calls.

4th:
Wattel: (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Elezra: (5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Reese: (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Reese checks, Wattel bets, Elezra calls, Reese peels.

5th:
Wattel: (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Elezra: (5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Reese: (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Reese checks, Wattel bets, Elezra now raises, Chip calls two cold, Wattel calls.

6th:
Wattel: (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Elezra: (5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Reese: (3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img])A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Wattel bets out, Elezra raises again, Reese calls two more with his huge draw, Wattel calls.

Wattel misses completely on the river. Wattel checks, Elezra bets blind, Reese makes a lowly pair of sixes and folds, Wattel says "doesn't look like you're getting paid off" and MUCKS! Eli says "wow he laid down aces up!" and then "I have the best hand in stud 8 or better!" and shows the rolled fives. "Nobody can make straights." I still can't get over Wattel's amazing laydown. That pot was huge. Did he put Eli on exactly 555? The clubs are so dead... The only other set he could have is KKK, which is pretty unlikely given the way the hand played out (that is, pocket kings should be folded pretty quickly two players have an A door and one of them makes it 2 bets on 3rd street).
Old 10-24-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Sick stud8 hand from WSOP HORSE

I've always been under the impression that Eli is basically a loose passive fish.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:13 PM

well, Eli can't have KK down, called fourth with a 9 showing, then raised fifth into an A23 board and raised again on sixth when a total brick hit. if I'm Wattel I don't even bet sixth because two pair is good 0% of the time.

that said, Eli didn't help himself by betting the river blind.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, Eli can't have KK down, called fourth with a 9 showing, then raised fifth into an A23 board and raised again on sixth when a total brick hit. if I'm Wattel I don't even bet sixth because two pair is good 0% of the time.

that said, Eli didn't help himself by betting the river blind.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think he was trying to get rid of Chip Reese by making him face 2 bets cold, thinking Chip had a low only draw. That way he'd lock up the low half if he hit it, but Chip wasn't going anywhere. Eli raising again on 6th when Wattel made an open pair, and betting dark on the river says "I got you beat for high"
Old 10-24-2007, 06:19 PM

Elezra obviously doesn't have a low, and he can't be trying to steal the pot 3-way, so based on 5th and 6th, he almost has to have atleast trips, maybe a flush.

Would it have been better for Elezra to reraise 3rd? I don't think it is obvious he is rolled up. He might do that with a 3-card low straight flush or something. If Wattel has split aces, he doesn't mind isolating versus those.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:06 PM

Wattel is super sick at poker. If the game gets big enough at Commerce he always seems to show up.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-25-2007, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I think he was trying to get rid of Chip Reese by making him face 2 bets cold, thinking Chip had a low only draw. That way he'd lock up the low half if he hit it, but Chip wasn't going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes a lot of sense. at first i thought wattel was spewing chips. chip even made a comment on how wattel whipsawed him and took them both down.

chip's not going anywhere on sixth but i think his cold call on fifth was spewing. anybody else think fifth is a fold for chip?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
chip even made a comment on how wattel whipsawed him and took them both down.

[/ QUOTE ]
Play good, run bad. That's what I always say.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:29 AM

this laydown is beyond sick.. the only thing i can think of is that eli doesn't often dark bet the river.. but thats tough to imagine he would be stupid enough to only dark bet when he had it.

wattell obviously made up his mind that he was folding the river UI on 6th street.. what a sicko
Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 PM

I don't fold fifth, and I don't think many would.

FWIW, I essentially never bet or check the river without looking at my last card. The only time I'll check in the dark is in stud/8 where it's obvious that I'm going high and the other guy is free-rolling on me. I think you give up too much information by acting in the dark, and that extends to situations where you fail to act in the dark.