Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Vegas trip in November?

Some friends and I are planning to go to Vegas at the end of november. Why then? Basically because our flight/hotel package is cheap as hell at that time (it would be insulting NOT to go!)...

Now I was wondering... seeing as the whole deal is so cheap, is Las Vegas basically dead around that period?

We need some sun, we need a pool, we need a lot of fish and drunken tourists at the poker tables, we need women in the clubs, etc... Basically everything you'd expect during a Vegas trip. Are we likely to encounter any/all of that in november or will the city be half-empty with 1 poker table going in each room filled with regulars?
Old 08-15-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Vegas trip in November?

First trip I assume? You will find plenty of actions 365 days a year.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some friends and I are planning to go to Vegas at the end of november. Why then? Basically because our flight/hotel package is cheap as hell at that time (it would be insulting NOT to go!)...

Now I was wondering... seeing as the whole deal is so cheap, is Las Vegas basically dead around that period?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
We need some sun, we need a pool,

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring your skates, you might be able to use them that time of year.

[ QUOTE ]
we need a lot of fish and drunken tourists at the poker tables, we need women in the clubs, etc... Basically everything you'd expect during a Vegas trip. Are we likely to encounter any/all of that in november or will the city be half-empty with 1 poker table going in each room filled with regulars?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, even the regulars will be visiting home for the holidays.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:06 PM

In Vegas, "dead" is a relative term. It'll be plenty busy for your purposes any time of year. You may find the sun/pool weather in late November leaves something to be deisred, however. If the pool if very important to you, double check that your hotel's pool will be open; many close for a part of the off season (though I think that's generally in the winter, not late fall.)

Enjoy!
Old 08-15-2007, 03:57 PM

I go every year the first week of December because I drive to Arizona and stop off for a day or two. Here's my definition of "dead": Midnight at Paris, playing 5-handed at the only 1/2 NL table open. Caesars at 11 am, zero limit tables open. Bellagio at the same time, one 15/30 and no other limit tables open.

Obviously you will be able to find a game somewhere, but relative to the average, that's dead.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:50 PM

If you can handle "shrinkage," bring your swimsuit. I'm sure the penguins will share the pool.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM

I am heading out just after Thanksgiving, so if you are there then, I will get drunk and you can take my money...
Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 AM

well the pool is the least of my worries (although the penguins sound cool!), but there better be some good poker games going on ($1/$2 NL for starters)