Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

Reef based on that timeline, is it possible that what you saw was a PENDING charge on your debit card? Because if that's at all possible, you're pretty dumb I think.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:32 AM

If you read the OP and think that either side handled this situation correctly, you're dumb.

Cake support guy obviously needs to be held more accountable than Reef because Reef's just some random customer and not someone who's being paid to not be a douche to people.

So, Cake support guy should be fired just because his words were unprofessional. But, I think the actions he took were reasonable. Reversing a credit card transaction with a poker site is clearly black list-worthy.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:52 AM

I would agree that reversing a legitimate credit card transaction is reprehensible.

As is threatening to blacklist a customer in an instance when the customer announces he is going to do so BECAUSE HIS ACCOUNT HAS NOT BEEN CREDITED and then does not do so once they fix their mistake.

If they don't have the capability to process credit cards, they shouldn't be in business.

If this was was just a minor blip (as it appears it was) they should just say so, apologize, and move on. The underlying attitude seems to be "what's the problem buddy, we [censored] up these things all the time and don't bother to respond to e-mails, jeez its just a piddling $50 bucks."

Ahh, no thanks. I'll stick with those sites that hold themselves and their employees to a higher standard.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this was was just a minor blip (as it appears it was) they should just say so, apologize, and move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

It will be interesting to see copies of the omitted initial e-mail exchanges.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how are people still defending cake in this situation? jesus christ.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I wouldn't defend Cake at this stage - I wouldn't jump all over them either. We had people saying "I am never going to deposit there!" after the very first post, which(no offense to Reef), was a very one-sided story, backed up by only some small fragments of the actual correspondence.

From the looks of things Cake didn't handle things correctly, but most sensible people would reserve judgment till we see (1) the full correspondence, and/or (2) Cakes side of the story.
Old 07-07-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I wouldn't defend Cake at this stage - I wouldn't jump all over them either. We had people saying "I am never going to deposit there!" after the very first post, which(no offense to Reef), was a very one-sided story, backed up by only some small fragments of the actual correspondence.

From the looks of things Cake didn't handle things correctly, but most sensible people would reserve judgment till we see (1) the full correspondence, and/or (2) Cakes side of the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the thing though. reef could have threatened to shoot the cs guys mom and do a million charge backs. cake still handled the situation poorly.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the thing though. reef could have threatened to shoot the cs guys mom and do a million charge backs. cake still handled the situation poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

With the exception of the CS rep's tact, I don't see anthing wrong with what Cake did. Reef through a tantrum and they told hime they didn't want his business, AND refunded his money. Warning others in the industry of his tactics and threats, by placing him on the lists mentioned, is he right thing to do. To imply this is somehow violating his rights is comical at best. Your actions and behavior will always come around to bite you in the ass, whether you are a 'high volume respected player' or not.
Old 07-07-2007, 04:44 PM

From Reef's posts to date, we can see only a few parts of a number of Cake's e-mails, but we haven't seen Reef's e-mails that caused these (admittedly rather unusal) responses. Perhaps when we see the full wording of all correspondence, more will be revealed?

To be honest, to a certain degree I quite like the fact that there are obviously normal human beings in the Cake office, and they read and understand the e-mails they receive. It makes a welcome change, to my mind.

Reef:

[ QUOTE ]
WHY DOES MY CAKE ACCOUNT NOT HAVE MONEY BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED? AS OF NOW THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE AND I WILL DISPUTE IT.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
ok I will not reverse the charge, but I will advertise to everyone on internet forums about this situation

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
now I can add, "Cake Poker locked my account after I disagreed with how they handled the situation" ... error 212 my @##

[/ QUOTE ]

Cake:

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for your email. Your purchased has already been reversed by our Cashier team. What exactly are you going to advertise to Internet forums? That there was a problem with your purchase and when you contacted us we rectified it immediately?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it’s time that you grew up and stopped acting like a spoiled child.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you should also add that your account was closed because you threatened to charge back a legitimate purchase when Cake Poker handled the situation in a swift and amicable way. The only person that is at fault in this whole situation is you

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn’t require childish foot stomping and threats of charge backs

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Your account at Cake Poker is closed for one reason and one reason only; you stated that you would charge back. Even to imply that you are going to charge back is still an act of premeditated fraud. This matter is closed in the eyes of Cake Poker and any further belligerent emails received will result in Cake Poker not only adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes and forwarding your entire correspondence to your bank to let them view how you handled this matter like a cranky teenager

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-07-2007, 05:59 PM

Reef is banned by self-request for 22 days so you might as well lock this thread
Old 07-07-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, that ends any chance I'll ever deposit there.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed. good job "Cake Poker".