Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: yay me managed to turn pkt kings into a bluff

I don't think a push pf is "wrong", but it's not my fav line here because I think we lose both villians most of the time, especially this early in the donkament. I usually say don't put in >20% PF with only a raise, just push, but the exception is QQ+, and sometimes AK.

Personally as others have said, I raise to 450 PF. I think your raise was too much of an overbet, and starts to look transparent when you put in that much PF. I mean what else puts in 1/3 of their stack?

I just open push this flop. Making a bet and then folding is terrible IMO, it's throwing away ANOTHER 1/3 of your stack. Pot. Odds.

I don't think QQ/JJ is calling anything on the flop anyway, so I'm not too concerned about losing hands we're ahead of anyway. At the same time, a push looks like it might be a bluff, and QQ/JJ might call. Fact is you should maximize your FE here.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: yay me managed to turn pkt kings into a bluff

Believe it or not i did have a plan in the hand and it might have been misguided.

My cunning plan was to reraise enough so that if i got a caller i could get it allin on the flop with a pot size bet.

my plan worked but obviously the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the flop confused matters and made me feel it was a wrong move regardless of result.

Thoughts on this plan