Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 12:39 AM

Default 10/20 - OOP, 3bet by LAG, missed bets?

Hi, this is my first post here ... thanks for patience in advance. Just wondering if some people could give me advice on a hand on which I think I missed a few bets.

I'm in seat 6, playing a little more aggressive than usual. LAG is in seat 10, capable of raising any 2 cards & 3-betting with any ace/any pair preflop, jams the cheap streets but slows down on the turn/river. Seat 8 is a lesser LAG, everyone else is tight passive - result is that most pots are contested between the 3 of us.

(Preflop: I have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
I raise UTG, folds to Villain in seat 10, Villain 3-bets, folds to me, blinds fold, I call.

(Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7.5 small bets)
I bet, Villain raises, I call.

(Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5.75 big bets)
I check, Villain checks.

(River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5.75 big bets)
I bet, Villain calls.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: 10/20 - OOP, 3bet by LAG, missed bets?

[ QUOTE ]
slows down on the turn/river.

[/ QUOTE ]

bet the turn DUCY?
Old 07-26-2007, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, this is my first post here ... thanks for patience in advance. Just wondering if some people could give me advice on a hand on which I think I missed a few bets.

I'm in seat 6, playing a little more aggressive than usual. LAG is in seat 10, capable of raising any 2 cards & 3-betting with any ace/any pair preflop, jams the cheap streets but slows down on the turn/river. Seat 8 is a lesser LAG, everyone else is tight passive - result is that most pots are contested between the 3 of us.

(Preflop: I have K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
I raise UTG, folds to Villain in seat 10, Villain 3-bets, folds to me, blinds fold, I call.

(Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7.5 small bets)
I bet, Villain raises, I call.

(Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5.75 big bets)
I check, Villain checks.

(River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5.75 big bets)
I bet, Villain calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

donk that turn. and why do i care about seat 8? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 AM

Why did you donk the flop? Donk the turn instead since, like, you made your hand.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you donk the flop? Donk the turn instead since, like, you made your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. i just noticed that. don't bet there.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:04 AM

Since the villian likes to ram and jam the flop I think checking and calling is the correct play. Against a more subdued opponent I don't mind the flop bet since you may be able to fold out smaller pocket pairs or naked Aces.

Bet the turn.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:07 AM

Once you donk the flop and call his raise, he's going to check any turn where his hand isn't beating you over the head. I think if you take this line on the flop you might want to consider 3betting if you think he has AIR, like your intro indicated he could (jam the cheap streets, 3bet light etc) and just leading the turn where most air will give up. As played I think I donk the turn again because he's checking what beats you and betting what doesn't again. CRing here isn't a viable option IMO because there are a bunch of hands that he will 3bet you with that have you beat, and if you c/r here and get 3bet you'll have to fold (or help me make a living). I don't like the donk, but if you're going to do it, go all out.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty weak stuff to be raising with from under the gun. You'd probably do better if you decided to be the only tight aggressive player in the game.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty weak stuff to be raising with from under the gun. You'd probably do better if you decided to be the only tight aggressive player in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying this without knowing how many players are at the table is pretty pointless and possibly even incorrect.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying this without knowing how many players are at the table is pretty pointless and possibly even incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]
As described OP is the only tight aggressive player there anyway. Most others are tight passive so I raise every time with KQo UTG. Especially getting re-raised by LAG with any A/pair to take out the blinds and make his hand obvious.