Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2006, 09:37 PM

Default Full Tilt satellite to $500 WSOP Super - pro called me a donk - am i?

Three handed with chip counts of 16K for me and 6K and 3K for the other two players with blinds of 120/240. Top 2 get $500 seats and 3rd gets $100.

Short stack (pro by username demimoore) pushes on the button and I call with AQ suited. He sucks out with A6 and then tells me I should never have called. He said I should be folding into the seat. I don't think I can fold AQ here. Am I a donkey or is the pro full of crap?
Old 05-27-2006, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt satellite to $500 WSOP Super - pro called me a donk - am i?

Is this a serious post? Yes you are a donkey - because you actually took his words to heart
Old 05-27-2006, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt satellite to $500 WSOP Super - pro called me a donk - am i?

Thanks for the helpful feedback. What would be your plan in this situation? I thought he was full of crap but I don't have huge chip leads like that in satellites very often so I wanted to see if my strategy was way off.
Old 05-27-2006, 10:25 PM

First of all, three handed i dont think i would ever fold AQ because alot of the times it will be a coinflip (at worst). Secondly, you have 16k, more than the other two stacks combined. You sould dinately be taking chances with pocket pairs and high cards in order to eliminate one and get the seat.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:19 PM

pretty easy fold
Old 05-28-2006, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Full Tilt satellite to $500 WSOP Super - pro called me a donk - am

I think i can now see how it's a fold but the pro must be pretty dumb to expect his average opponent to know this.

If calling here = donk then probably 99.9% of the internet players are donk.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:07 AM

I don't know if you are a donk, but it is a pretty awful call. I don't care if you have AQs or what. There is no reason for you to play here.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, three handed i dont think i would ever fold AQ because alot of the times it will be a coinflip (at worst). Secondly, you have 16k, more than the other two stacks combined. You sould dinately be taking chances with pocket pairs and high cards in order to eliminate one and get the seat.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has 16k, there are 3 players left, he has more than the other two combined and the top 2 are getting seats. why should he be 'taking chances'?
easy fold but if he had 3-6K its not overly donkish. any more than that and calling with anything less than aces is donkish.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt satellite to $500 WSOP Super - pro called me a donk - am

[ QUOTE ]
I think i can now see how it's a fold but the pro must be pretty dumb to expect his average opponent to know this.

If calling here = donk then probably 99.9% of the internet players are donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if you are a donk, but it is a pretty awful call. I don't care if you have AQs or what. There is no reason for you to play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holla Betgo,

He had a great reason to call, TO SPITE THE PRO!