Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 01:14 PM

Default NL50 miss click preflop, gettin weird spot on turn

Villain is unknown what should I do here?

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $50
UTG: $9.50
MP: $104.65
CO: $46.50
BTN: $85.35
Hero (SB): $67

Pre-Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, BTN calls $1, Hero calls $0.75, BB folds

Flop: ($5.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $3</font>, CO calls $3, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $11.75</font>, UTG calls $7.50 and is All-In, MP folds, CO calls $8.75

Turn: ($40.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players - 1 is All-In)
<font color="red">Hero ??
Old 11-16-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: NL50 miss click preflop, gettin weird spot on turn

First off I'd lead the flop as opposed to c/r. My intention would be to b3b all in against UTG. Bottom two pair is a hand that needs to be played fast in most situations and this board looks like a perfect one to do so on. As played, there is nothing you can do but shove the turn.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:24 PM

I bet against 2 callers, but not against 4!
I don't want multiply callers on a board like this, I was 100% sure about that someone will bet then with a c/r I could force out most of them, and isolate the UTG!
Old 11-16-2007, 01:33 PM

If you didn't want callers, then why did you c/r so small? You've offered anyone odds to chase with that weak bet you made. I'm leading this flop 100% of the time. The original raiser was UTG so that makes it a bit more likely that he actually has a hand and will raise your bet given how wet the flop is. If I didn't lead, I'm check raising to at least $18 and shoving just about every turn card.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:38 PM

true, my c/r bet size was smallish
Old 11-16-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want multiply callers on a board like this, I was 100% sure about that someone will bet then with a c/r I could force out most of them, and isolate the UTG!

[/ QUOTE ]
You do a better job of isolating by leading out and having the UTG raise you. If you check, and UTG bets + gets callers, UTG will often just call your check-raise and give anyone who called his original bet better good odds to call (exactly what happened in this hand). Also, as snafu'd pointed out, your c/r was too small. Make a pot sized bet of 15.50-16 or more.

Also, being 100% sure someone would bet is being overly optimistic. Micro limits is full of passive players. With so many people in the pot, you can't expect UTG to bet unless he has an overpair or top pair here, and everyone else will be happy to check behind unless they have a good hand themselves.

As to your original question, just stick it in on the turn.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM

Push on the turn. Villain had two chances to raise on the flop so I don't put him on a set of tens. All you really have to worry about is 9j as played and in that case you've got 13 outs anyway.

Don't let the other player see the river cheap as you could easily get counterfeited there if you're currently ahead. You don't want to value bet bottom 2 pair.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 PM

Why do you guys so sure about that UTG will raise me and not fold (his preflop donkraise can mean a lot of weak hands and most of them are beat on a flop like this) ?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you guys so sure about that UTG will raise me and not fold (his preflop donkraise can mean a lot of weak hands and most of them are beat on a flop like this) ?

[/ QUOTE ]
We're not sure. Either he has a hand (overpair/top pair, and leading the flop is best because he will raise us), or he doesn't have a hand (and leading out is best because if we don't he'll most likely check this multiway pot and we can't count on a bet from anyone behind him). So the pattern is, no matter what he has, leading out is our best move.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you trying to isolate the shorty? He is who you stand to make the least amount of money from.