Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Update

ajf;lasdj;alsfjalfasgd983u5piaj;dsf
Old 10-22-2007, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I just had two losing sessions in a row (-2 BB and -15 BB). This hasnt happened since last October. Some of it is running bad (not hitting any draws) but I think I've played quite poorly the last few times out. I think I let my big wins recently get to my head.

I think its time to tighten up preflop and quit getting involved in marginal situations til I get my head on straight.

Agree?

BTW: sweated 2+2 Grease in the 20/40 yesterday. it was actually more fun doing that than playin in the 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGZ two losing sessions in a row? Holy madre puto

I hope its the Pacifico because losing two session in a row is super standard. Losing 5 sessions for 25bbs every time is super standard every now and then. Especially when you are taking shots are bigger games lolololo wait for variance my friend
Old 10-22-2007, 02:18 AM

That is pretty amazing if you have only 2 losers in a row Kit. Esp in like a years time. Small ones too! I've had like 5 losers in a row and like 6 winners in a row. Pretty even keel but I don't play much longer than 4-5 hours at a time.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:11 AM

Notes: When you tell your wife that you are going to play poker, instead tell her that you are going to "Hone Your Craft". It sounds a lot better.

Luck of the cards comes and goes but skill stays constant(Hopefully anyway)
Old 10-22-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Notes: When you tell your wife that you are going to play poker, instead tell her that you are going to "Hone Your Craft". It sounds a lot better.

Luck of the cards comes and goes but skill stays constant(Hopefully anyway)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stealing this. TY, I never would have thought of that on my own.

Maybe I'll mix that up with, "I'm going to Shakopee to claim my free beer."
Old 10-23-2007, 02:09 PM

I was in Vegas this past weekend and had a pretty good run at the tables. One pretty funny thing happened to me at the Bellagio while I was there.

I headed to the Bellagio pretty much immediately after checking into the hotel at around 10pm and got in a $15/$30 game. I've been at the table maybe 30 minutes and it is obvious that almost everyone at my end of the table is just really grouchy. This guy to my right seems nice enough though and keeps whispering things to me... you know the standard "OMG I HAD T7o AND WOULD'VE FLOPPED THE STRAIGHT", or "ZOMG do you think he was bluffing?", to which I'm just giving a standard "yup, uh huh" reply.

Anyways, guy to my right gets involved in a hand with this super nitty woman w/ sunglasses on. I can't remember the action, but basically it is super obvious that lady has a flush and guy to my right c/f to her on the river. He then whispers to me "she totally had the flush". "Uh huh" I say.

About 15 seconds later the lady says to me "Why don't you put your money where your mouth is young man!" "Excuse me?" I reply. "I said why don't you put your money where your mouth is?" I obviously have no bloody clue what she is talking about and tell her as much.

"YOU TOLD HIM HE SHOULD HAVE CALLED! WHY DON'T YOU JUST STICK TO PLAYING YOUR OWN HANDS!" she says to me. I explain to her that I was simply agreeing with the guy to my right's assessment, and really offered no advice of my own. She obviously doesn't believe me. I burst out laughing at this point at the absurdity of it all. I then ask my end of the table in an obvious joking fashion, "man, you guys are all so mean!" "You bring out the worst in us," the lady responds. I burst out laughing again... about 30 seconds later the dealer looks at me with a smile on his face and says "just watch it, OK?" LOL.

Fortunately, this whole situation loosened the table right up, and I think I finished up about 10 bets. The Bellagio games were great the whole time I was there.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:27 AM

Default I feign weakness...oh wait

Just remembered a funny hand from a few weeks ago.

A tricky, aggro player was seated to my left. He loved to "play the player," so to speak.

It was 8 handed, and it folded to me in the hijack. I bumped it up with AJo. CO folded and he 3 bet the button. I called and pretty much decided I was calling down the whole way on most boards.

The flop came down an ugly Q56. I checked, he bet, I frowned and called.

The turn was a 9. I checked, he bet, I looked slightly disgusted and called.

The river was 5. I grimaced and checked, he bet. I called instantly.

He had KT and I scooped.

He told me he read me for me weakness.

"Good read," I said, and stacked the chips.

It's easy to pretend you're weak when you actually are. Sometimes that doesn't matter though :-)
Old 10-24-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to let y'all know that I didn't die in a fiery toaster accident or anything. Working a regular day job again sucks, by the way...it's a good job overall, but this whole having to wake up at a set time for something other than a poker tournament thing blows. As does actually having to drive to work.

My bankroll is pretty much non-existent, although I haven't decided if I'm truly busto or not; technically I never lost my monies, I just had to pull them all out for incidental expenses like food & rent. Well, I still have like $200 on FTP & Stars. Combined.

Today marked 30 consecutive days without playing a hand for me, so of course I commemorated the occasion (I probably spelled both of those words wrong) by playing 400 hands. I figured I'd be rusty, but GB .25/.50 for taking postflop play out of the game. Up 58 BBs for the session; I plan to take my winnings to Denny's.

Anyway, I just missed you guys so I figured I'd drop by & say hello. Oh, guess I have to post a hand or something...gawd, I love people who slowplay teh nutz all the way to the river:

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
4 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6SB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

River: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.5BB, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 15.5BB
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed 3d 3h</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 4d 4c</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome back Harv!
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: I feign weakness...oh wait

[ QUOTE ]
Just remembered a funny hand from a few weeks ago.

A tricky, aggro player was seated to my left. He loved to "play the player," so to speak.

It was 8 handed, and it folded to me in the hijack. I bumped it up with AJo. CO folded and he 3 bet the button. I called and pretty much decided I was calling down the whole way on most boards.

The flop came down an ugly Q56. I checked, he bet, I frowned and called.

The turn was a 9. I checked, he bet, I looked slightly disgusted and called.

The river was 5. I grimaced and checked, he bet. I called instantly.

He had KT and I scooped.

He told me he read me for me weakness.

"Good read," I said, and stacked the chips.

It's easy to pretend you're weak when you actually are. Sometimes that doesn't matter though :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe.

Hawaiian gardens 15/30. asian dude raises for the 3rd time in a row, but this one is from UTG. everyone folds. I 3bet MY KTs from the button. blinds fold. I bet ev street on raggety board UI, and he folds. I might have been bluffing with the best hand, but prob not because he agonized a little on the end before folding. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: I feign weakness...oh wait

Floppping a set is one of the greatest feelings in live LHE. I especially like flopping low sets cause they can be so well hidden. Hit quite a few last night early on. You can almost feel the huge pots slowly being pushed towards you during the hand. I like high sets as well. Hand from last night's game.

I am in like CO with JJ and I raise, a few callers, BB 3 bets, one other comes along, I cap. 5-6 of us in

Flop comes 5J6r, BB bets out, one raise, I 3 it, someone caps, BB folds but shows the guy right next to him who is still in the hand his cards. Dealer says he can't do that and shows the table his cards which were QQ!!! Like 5 of us still in. Turn comes a Q!!! He is steaming now. I end up getting paid off really well. BB was a pretty loose player and don't know why he folded other than he probably put me on exactly what I had but folding QQ there?