Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Negreanu > ADZ ? He thinks so..

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
like a year ago he said he wouldnt even play NL online because hwas outplayed.

chekc his old statistics for online play at the forum on fcp and he was down quite a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remember danny losing to a guy called dreamclown on fcp. it was heads up limit 1000/2000 i think?????

anyone know who dreamclown is? luckyjimm? care to chime in?

[/ QUOTE ]

it was 500/1000 LHE, DN beat dreamclown et all for 180k (?)
Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone who says any online pro is better than daniel negreaunu really is ignorant

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, because after reading that, I think [i]you[/b] are the ignorant one
Old 09-12-2007, 12:40 AM

I used bad word choice, what I meant was EVERY online pro not ANY online pro. Obviously there may be better players online than negreanu (aba, PA, durr etc obv), but people are acting like negreanu cant compete against any online pro when in fact he is probably +EV in some games and only slightly -EV in others.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KidPoker: random question: do you guys consider 250 hands to be a short session?

ktrieu: 250 hands is a very short session

ktrieu: you might as well not play

KidPoker: ok, thats about the most I'll ever play straight

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...this really needs more love

I don't say "I put in a session" unless I played 1,000 hands min...and when poker budies and myself talk about how many hands we played for the day we round to thousands...aka...I played 5K hands today
Old 09-12-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone who says any online pro is better than daniel negreaunu really is ignorant

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting, because after reading that, I think [i]you[/b] are the ignorant one

[/ QUOTE ]

well, maybe not ANY online pro but theres definately a few that i'll put my money on against dn. luigi, durr, sbrugby, grimstarr and im2fast.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:03 AM

if they play HORSE dan is +EV
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 AM

There are more games than NLE. Most of these people play well over 1k hands a day of NLHE and no other games except PLO or something. Why does DN always have to be held up against players on THEIR turf? Online NLHE... maybe you should hold some of these players up against his standards, live mixed games. You all talk about DN like he is a chump because there is one game a small number of very good players play better than him
Old 09-12-2007, 01:27 AM

obviously daniel negreanu is a very skilled live poker player. his reading skills are excellent and he usually gets great value from his made hands. his results are impossible to argue with. in a heads up match with any of the toughest online pros NOW, i would definitely give the edge to his opponent. however, if daniel started playing very frequently online and was able to log a lot of hands, there's not a doubt in my mind he'd be a huge winner and was eventually able to outplay nearly anyone. he's only 33, and obviously damn good at poker. no reason why he couldn't make the transition to being a great online player someday.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You're not necessarily ignorant, probably just means you're a fish and cant differentiate between how much better some top online NL players are compared to daniel.

I'd be willing to bet lots of money that daniel couldn't beat top online players for any sample sizes that are worth a damn.

The problem is that he simply fails to realize that he's outclassed. He has a big ego for a legitimate reason and its understandable. He's played live and beaten up on players in tournies and cash games for years and made millions. Why wouldn't he think otherwise? Also since he doesn't really understand poker to the extent that alot of top online players do he's ignorant (not in a bad way) of what he's not getting. You can't expect someone that isn't really on that level to understand why they aren't. It's like a fish that doesn't realize how someone can be so much better than them, although Daniel isn't a complete fish ofcourse.

But to be blunt, Daniel doesn't stand a chance against players to the likes of Aba, patrik, jman, GP, ADZ, etc. That's a fact. I don't even think he truly believes he does deep down. If there were ever a prop bet where i'd be willing to bet my bankroll it would be DN against someone like ABA for a 50k and sample size or bigger.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:29 AM

some of the trash talk in this thread is ridic good and deserves way more love