Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Too Aggressive w/OESD?

Ok, here's my first ever hand history post. I'm a limit player making the switch to NL, and I know I have a lot of leaks to fill. I started as a weak tight NL player, but have been trying to be more aggressive and prey on the many many weak players out there. Here, I worry that I went too far.

SB is running at 50/21 over 85 hands. He likes to play his blinds regardless of a raise.

UTG is on my buddy list, with 60/12 over about 600 hands. He's prone to pushing light when he goes on tilt, which is frequently. I want him to feel persecuted and on the defensive as much as possible.

MP is 36/1 over about 200 hands, and he seemed easy to push out of a pot.

CO is another L/P (46/1) and I've been raising those two limpers constantly and scuffling with UTG in bigger pots.

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.05/.10 BB (6 handed) Ultimate-Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($4.90)
BB ($5.43)
UTG ($26.12)
MP =(Villian)/ ($5.46)
CO ($9.66)
Hero ($19.93)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7, 7.
UTG calls $0.10, MP (Villian)/ calls $0.10, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.7</font>, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold</font>, UTG calls $0.60, MP (Villian)/ calls $0.60, CO folds.

I'm raising here to possibly take down the pot right now, but certainly thin the herd. It's also possible I have the best hand. I'm not at all happy to get this many callers, as my hand doesn't stand up well without trips.

Flop: ($3) 5, 8, 6 (4 players)</font>
SB bets $0.1</font>, UTG calls $0.10, Villian calls $0.10, Hero raises to $3.5</font>, SB raises to $3.6</font>, UTG folds, Villian calls $3.40, Hero calls $0.

I think this is about as good a flop as I could hope for. I would normally interpret the weak donk as a draw, small/middle pair, or possibly overcards. I hold two of the 7s, so I think it's most likely the bottom end if it's a draw but more likely he's got a pair here. The calls are just passive players being passive, and I don't get a lot of info out of them.

Calling seems ultra weak, but would it have been a better play?

I absolutely wanted to take it down right here, so bet the pot. Would a smaller bet have been better? Should I have bet a little bit more to force SB and/or Villian to call their whole stack? Bet sizing is a murky area for me.

Turn: ($13.70) 8 (3 players)</font>
Villian checks, Hero bets $0.6</font>, Villian calls $0.56 (All-In).

The all-in call by SB is worrisome, but the overcall by Villian means I pretty much have to be behind. A straight is unlikely, so he must have an overpair or a full house at this point. Why does he check here? Anyway, I bet it for him. I can't imagine he'll fold, but you never know. More importantly, I don't think he'll check again on the river if I check the turn and I don't know how I could fold to a river bet that small even if the river's a complete blank.

River: ($14.82) T (3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $14.86
Old 11-26-2007, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Too Aggressive w/OESD?

It seems all right. You could be best on the flop (the 10-cent bet and the calls of the bet hardly tell us anything), and if you're not, well, it's possible the big raise will at least will clean up some outs. So there's that.