Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 05:17 PM

Default Re: Dealer contributes to confusion... Floor please!

[ QUOTE ]
This is a good example of why you should never use check, raise, bet, call, or fold in a sentence unless that's the action you intend to take. Why risk a bad decision when you don't have to?

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 11-10-2007, 05:31 PM

lol nvermind!
Old 11-10-2007, 05:34 PM

A royal flush or straight flush beats him. The reason I would argue he has the third and not the fourth is that the of three hands that beat him (QQ, ATdd, T9dd), only two are possible (if someone has ATdd someone else cannot have T9dd).

Edit: I guess the clarification (between third and fourth) depends on whether you consider the nuts the best possible hand considering the board (out of ALL possible hands) or the best possible hand currently involved in the hand (terribly worded, I know, but hopefully understandable).
Old 11-10-2007, 05:40 PM

i said neverminddddddddddddddddddddddddd. I didn't realize the board flushed until I looked again.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you coun't retarded, 2nd. If you coun't stupid, 3rd. If you coun't like the rest of us, 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coun't is a contraction of what, exactly?

--klez
Old 11-10-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you coun't retarded, 2nd. If you coun't stupid, 3rd. If you coun't like the rest of us, 4th.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coun't is a contraction of what, exactly?

--klez

[/ QUOTE ]

NICE, way to pick up on that typo. Damn. Consider a job as a writer, or proof reader for a major paper. I don't know about the rest of the forum, but you've managed to impress me.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The people sitting next to me heard me ask if he checked

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously? You think THAT is good enough? You don't think you have an obligation to be heard by the dealer and your opponent?

You can't seriously think that "The people sitting next to me heard me," is good enough, can you?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:22 PM

Default generalized stupidity sends al_capone_junior on a rant

Dealer must be able to speak and understand english well enough to effectively run a game where "english only" is the friggin' rule. I'm not trying to be mean or discriminate against anyone, but the bottom line is that english is a requirement, not just preferable. If you're new to the usa: learn friggin' english or go home. Seems even the non-english speaking world (who also no nothing about poker) are ready to jump on the bandwagon. This means sit around and wait for tips even tho you can't do your friggin' job, but that's fine because management is a bunch of ignorant fools too so they don't know the dfference anyway and don't care either.

Management who hires dealers who cannot speak and understand english effectively are doing their room, their customers, and poker in general a huge disservice. I will go further with today's idiot poker management and say they are truly stupid and should be fired if they can't find decent staff (who can speak english) and train/motivate them to do a good job.

Now for the players. Schmuck #1 doesn't give a crap that his action was soft, vague, and anything but clear, he'll just do anything he can to not have to face a bet he doesn't want to call. There are soooooo many ignorant morons playing today, and so many ignorant idiots dealing to them and running the rooms they play in, that this kind of crap is seen as normal and ok. It's not.

Player #2 is equally to blame and receives an equal amount of sympathy from me - none. He gets what he deserves here if they don't let him bet.

So basically, the whole situation, as posted on this forum daily in multiplicity, is just a symptom of the universal ignorance, stupidity, and lack of pride or professionalism that plagues poker today, largely due to the biggest morons of all, television poker producers.

The only real justice would be to somehow force the one idiot to call but still disallow the other to bet, and force the dealer to dump their entire day's tips into the trashcan.

Everybody gets kicked in the nuts. Get with the friggin' program already or get the **** out of live cardrooms.

Al
Old 11-10-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: generalized stupidity sends al_capone_junior on a rant

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer must be able to speak and understand english well enough to effectively run a game where "english only" is the friggin' rule. I'm not trying to be mean or discriminate against anyone, but the bottom line is that english is a requirement, not just preferable. If you're new to the usa: learn friggin' english or go home. Seems even the non-english speaking world (who also no nothing about poker) are ready to jump on the bandwagon. This means sit around and wait for tips even tho you can't do your friggin' job, but that's fine because management is a bunch of ignorant fools too so they don't know the dfference anyway and don't care either.

Management who hires dealers who cannot speak and understand english effectively are doing their room, their customers, and poker in general a huge disservice. I will go further with today's idiot poker management and say they are truly stupid and should be fired if they can't find decent staff (who can speak english) and train/motivate them to do a good job.

Now for the players. Schmuck #1 doesn't give a crap that his action was soft, vague, and anything but clear, he'll just do anything he can to not have to face a bet he doesn't want to call. There are soooooo many ignorant morons playing today, and so many ignorant idiots dealing to them and running the rooms they play in, that this kind of crap is seen as normal and ok. It's not.

Player #2 is equally to blame and receives an equal amount of sympathy from me - none. He gets what he deserves here if they don't let him bet.

So basically, the whole situation, as posted on this forum daily in multiplicity, is just a symptom of the universal ignorance, stupidity, and lack of pride or professionalism that plagues poker today, largely due to the biggest morons of all, television poker producers.

The only real justice would be to somehow force the one idiot to call but still disallow the other to bet, and force the dealer to dump their entire day's tips into the trashcan.

Everybody gets kicked in the nuts. Get with the friggin' program already or get the **** out of live cardrooms.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to disagree with the dealers having to be fluent in English. They know English well enough to run the game, and well enough to have basic conversation. They can count the pot, deal and know the rules just like any native English speaking dealer. If the problem is much deeper, then the Floor has to come in. And yes, the Floor had better be able to speak English fluently.

I will agree they have to speak basic English, count properly (not confuse 15 for 50 for example [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ), but I don't think the requirements need to be as stringent as you make it seem.

And by the way, now that's two dealers of mine you've kicked in the nuts who were female.

Garland
Old 11-10-2007, 06:55 PM

Default Re: generalized stupidity sends al_capone_junior on a rant

[ QUOTE ]
Dealer must be able to speak and understand english well enough to effectively run a game

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I have to disagree with the dealers having to be fluent in English. They know English well enough to run the game

[/ QUOTE ]