Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 04:14 PM

Default Re: Official NE Patriots gogogogo to the SB thread

There are two teams the Patriots always have trouble with. Miami down at their place and Denver anywhere. Check out Brady's stats vs Denver. Not good. Not sad we aren't playing them.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate you guys. I want Moss back soooooo bad. At least when he was in Oakland it didn't seem so bad, but now it is like a weekly slap in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 5 WRs in the league that are pretty awesome:

Smith
Harrison
Johnson
Moss
TO

Too bad Moss makes a fraction of any of them when he's on the Pats. Blah, not fair. Only a 4th round pick. I know he's a headcase when he's on bad teams, but BLAH!.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:27 PM

if it makes you feel better, he'll probably only be on the Pats this year. he'll be a FA in the offseason, and will likely go elsewhere unless he really loves playing in NE and takes (another) discount
Old 09-17-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, besides one small issue, , nothing could be going better for the Pats. the team is performing at an extremely high level right now.

this is going to sound extremely homerish/obnoxious, but right now this team is a touchdown better than anyone else in the NFL.

[/ QUOTE ]

its been 2games, way to early to say they are that much better than everyone

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, you make a good point. I was thinking about this very thing this morning and was thinking "it's possible that the Jets and Chargers are just really not that good this year". It happens every year in the NFL where teams that were really good one year, all of a sudden suck or are mediocre and vice versa.

Plus the Patriots were riding an emotional high on Sunday as the players rallied around their coach. But you have to admit, it does look promising.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it looks very promising

but for a recent example look at Chicago last year, definitive best team for the first 6weeks or so, but by years end they were somewhere in the 5-8range
Old 09-17-2007, 05:46 PM

I probably should have phrased what I said differently.

I meant that if the Pats had to play against any other team this Sunday, I think I would take the Pats -6.5.

that's not to say the same will be true in 15 or 6 or even 3 weeks from now, it was more of a statement of current level than "future prediction". if that makes sense. I probably shouldn't have said it at all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate you guys. I want Moss back soooooo bad. At least when he was in Oakland it didn't seem so bad, but now it is like a weekly slap in the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 5 WRs in the league that are pretty awesome:

Smith
Harrison
Johnson
Moss
TO

Too bad Moss makes a fraction of any of them when he's on the Pats. Blah, not fair. Only a 4th round pick. I know he's a headcase when he's on bad teams, but BLAH!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holt.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:48 PM

Cant wait to see Moss win the superbowl.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM

From ProFootballTalk

Though there still could be some more consequences down the road from last week's spy scandal, the controversy that arose last week -- and the media scrutiny that it caused -- has had a significant effect on the franchise.

As one league insider explained it on Monday afternoon, "[Coach Bill] Belichick is pissed, and he wants to go undefeated."

After trashing two of the other five 2006 AFC playoff teams by the identical score of 38-14 on consecutive Sundays, the Patriots clearly have the talent to run the table. A storm of accusations arising from past tactics is giving Belichick all the incentive that he needs to aim for a 16-0, and all the ammo he'd require to get the troops appropriately motivated.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:05 PM

I figured it out!!

BB and Mangini are still working together. Mangini's job is to do an ok but not great job with a divisional rival while at the same time providing fuel to Pats players to step up and play as hard as possible.

You can all come thank me when the tell-all book comes out 20 years and 18 super-bowl wins from now.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:09 PM

Cross post:

Some home game munchkin bet me and 5 friends last night $100 each that the Patriots will not win the SB this year.

He gave us 10:1 odds...

Worst bet in the history of everything?