Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Re: Car buying tips

[ QUOTE ]
Go to the Consumer Reports website (I don't have the link in front of me). Pay them $12 (it might have gone up, I last used it in 2004) for a price report on the car you are interested in. It will tell you the actual dealer cost (including holdbacks) on the the car you are looking for. Now decided how much yout time is worth. If you offer them $500 above their cost (that might be less than invoice) they will probably take it. My last car I offered $450 above their cost and the firs dealer turned me down and the second dealer took it. If you have more time you can start at $100 below their cost and float that to each dealer and go to each dealer in your area with a little bit higher offer until you get them to accept it. They will try to tall you about advertising "fees" and such, just say no.

[/ QUOTE ]
IGNORE EVERYBODY ELSE AND DO THIS ^^^ FIRST!

Consumer reports new car pricing service

I have done this multiple times, the last was to purchase a new 06 Accord.
I got the price from the above link, added $150 on it, walked into a dealership, and got a salesman who knew an easy sale when he saw it.

Me: I want that car (loaded) for $xxx. I know this is what you paid (showed him report).
Him: Let me talk to my manager (5 minutes). Deal.

If you go at the end of the month or year, this will be even easier. They want to make those quota bonuses.