Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 01:51 AM

Default Re: Bob T. is in the well.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do you ever play with any of the other MN 2p2ers? schneids, pokerbob, etc. if this has been asked, sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe three years ago, I had a 2+2 homegame, with schneids, BK, PB, whiskeytown, and a several others. If I can remember names, I will. We played a modified dealers choice, and the rules were that you could play any game, except limit Holdem.

One notable hand for me, 1-2 PL holdem, BK opens for a raise, and I call in the SB with QQ, I smooth called, because I knew vehn wanted to outplay everyone on the hand, and he was in the BB. My plan was to checkraise any good flop, and the flop was something like 952, but it got checked around. Turn was a J I think, and I bet out, Vehn folded, BK raised, and I reraised all-in, but it wasn't a full raise. Its a 2+2 game, so BK does his analysis out loud. He counts the pot and the bet, and does what any good player would do, he puts me on a hand that he has the odds to call. So he calls, and we turn over our hands. Then he says 'I've done some very bad arithmatic.' I figured that that was one of the nicest poker complements that I could hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's the game that Bicyclekick wouldn't take one of the chips he won from me because I had accidently dropped it in the Jim Bean - I was so tired I couldn't get blitzed properly

when's the next one - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 10-13-2007, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's the game that Bicyclekick wouldn't take one of the chips he won from me because I had accidently dropped it in the Jim Bean -

[/ QUOTE ]

What other game, could it have been [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM

Bob:

Just wanted to jump in here to say that I have always enjoyed reading your posts through the years. I am impressed with your ability to resist the bitterness, arrogance, and negative tone that creeps into most posters that have been around for so long. Congrats!

Speaking of online games...What part of your game could use the most improvement? And what do you see as the weakest part of most TAGs' games that infest the online full ring games now?

Have you ever been coached?

Also..."What are the biggest BB downswings you have had at a couple limits? How did you feel about them?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

150 online 5-10""

f'ing sick. I hate you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--Rico
Old 10-15-2007, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to jump in here to say that I have always enjoyed reading your posts through the years. I am impressed with your ability to resist the bitterness, arrogance, and negative tone that creeps into most posters that have been around for so long. Congrats!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
Speaking of online games...What part of your game could use the most improvement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Autopilot. I think that I probably play a number of hands each session, where just after I clicked, I think 'what the hell was I doing there?' If I had just taken a second longer, I would have realized that there was a much better play than I just made. I would say that this manifests itself in river call downs, against opponents who just cannot possibly be bluffing.

At times, I have kept track of river calldowns, and pots won, just so that I have to take a second longer to think about calling before I do it.

[ QUOTE ]
And what do you see as the weakest part of most TAGs' games that infest the online full ring games now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that they have taken to heart the motto, 'callers don't matter'. So that you can frequently induce them to put in a lot of extra action in small pots, when they are behind, by playing passively against them.

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever been coached?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I am considering it, and have gone through the initial stages of setting it up.

[ QUOTE ]
150 online 5-10""

f'ing sick. I hate you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it help if I've done that lots of times [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].