Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: New Article on Michelle Wie

[ QUOTE ]
She draws a crowd yes. But IMO, she does not draw golf fans. She draws freak show fans ala John Daly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the organizers of the event, or the PGA, really care. Nor should they. The "golf fans," as you say, are ALREADY golf fans, so the PGA and organizers don't need to win them over. If she is able to draw the "freak show fans" out, who may be converted to actual golf fans, that is a great result for everyone.

Also, it's this type of snobbish "real golf fans" attitude that makes many people avoid the game.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: New Article on Michelle Wie

She was setup to impossible hype, and failed miserably. She will crash and burn a little bit and come out of the other end either a much better golfer or a rich has-been with a college degree. Neither seem so bad to me.

And the whole TW comparison is obviously stupid. Tiger was in college for 2 or 3 years before becoming a pro. The difference in maturity between a college junior and a high school senior (and that is generous since I doubt she had even close to a normal HS experience) is very very large.

I was rooting for her when she first came out but now she lost my interest and I'm going back to rooting for the jews. Morgan Pressel FTW!