Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 01:55 PM

Default Trying Out The Borg 20/40

Friday afternoon 20/40 @ Borg. Hero is taking a stab here, after playing as a regular 10/20 winner for the last year or so. My image is TAG-nitty, as I’ve been very card dead for the last hour or two, and haven’t played many hands at all. Villain is a sunburned, stocky, mustache 40’s guy, who I haven’t seen around here before. He’s losing in the session, and has put at least one bad beat on another player by rivering 2 pair playing J-4o UTG. BB is unknown new player whose lost & mucked only hand he’s played.

In general, I’m amazed that I’ve got 3-4 passive, loose guys at this table, as the 20/40 game last weekend was full of TAGs & LAGs with 3 or 4 bets PF & on many flops.

MP limps, I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]from CO, villain in SB, BB & MP calls.
Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]-7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] rainbow, 3 checks, I bet. Both blinds call, MP folds.
Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Two checks, Hero bets, SB c/r, BB calls 2 cold, hero(? Calls or 3-bets?)
What range do you put them both on?
More to come…Thanks in advance
Old 08-07-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Trying Out The Borg 20/40

No point 3-betting here. I suspect villain has 7, with the BB on a draw. Unless you river the boat, call here and for one bet on river.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:24 PM

these spots suck ballz

pot is pretty big, but even if we're still ahead, chances are there are a lot of outs for either villain to improve to the best hand

if sb isn't a total lag, but one of them loose passive guys you were talking about (you haven't told us much about his style), I'd have to say fold, allthough I think it's close (3-betting is spew)
Old 08-07-2007, 03:32 PM

I have played the Borgs 20/40 now for 3 weekends. There are lots of fish but they are the same fish.

The game seems like the same TAG players beat the same fish up every weekend.

How can this be and who are these TAGs?

There are a few 20/30 year old asians, a couple of business men, a woman who had like $5000 in chips, a few old guys with tatoos, and also a few guys my age.

They all seem to do good. Who are they and why do the same fish play with them every weekend?

fyi, i know that marcel from outside the borgata and he never seems to play.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:10 PM

Villian in question is Dean, a northern NJ firefighter, he can play alright but his tilt gets to him and by the end of a few beats he can hardly see straight. His starting hand requirements go out the window. However that does not necessarily mean he'll play terribly post-flop. As to the hand in question, but I guess you have to call down, I can't imagine folding this to Dean in this spot .

To whoever asked about the usual cast of characters, you basically nailed it. Having played over 1000 hours in that game since Jan. 1st, I have a pretty good feel for who wins and who loses. And yes, like most games across the country, the same people win everyweekend and the same people lose.

(I did hear about who won and lost last weekend and it may be a slight exageration.)
Old 08-07-2007, 06:11 PM

I am sure the bad players get up with money once in a while. But Dude, why would they play this game. I won some but nothing great. Too much isolating going on.. it is tuff not really knowing all the players yet. Maybe they aren't the regulars.. maybe they will play til the $$ runs out.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:41 PM

Okay, so as suggested by JKam, I called the turn, thinking that I'm probably behind to a set from one of them. As I see two pairs of "deer-in-highlights" as the dealer shows the River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], then two insta-checks.
Next question, check or bet? I bet out, results to follow.
As for the broader conversation, I hope to learn from the steady winners and and exploit the looser players. From my frequent view of the room from the nearby 10/20 tables, JKam usually has the chip mountain going tall!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:00 PM

The river checks should mean you have the best hand. The villian played the hand very wierdly.

Good job last weekend, jkam..nice stack. What did you buy in for?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The river checks should mean you have the best hand. The villian played the hand very wierdly.

Good job last weekend, jkam..nice stack. What did you buy in for?

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is not how much he bought in for, but rather; how many hours have you played in this game thus far?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM

im confused.. i thought jkam was a she.