Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Live 30/60 Hand full ring game

UTG player limps, utg(fish) +1 limps, two players fold, hero raises QsQd, folds to small blind, sb folds, bb calls
flop 9c,6s,2c. ch,ch, fish bets, hero raises, bb folds, utg calls, fish 3 bets, hero calls, utg calls.
turn Ac, utg check, fish bets, hero???
Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Live 30/60 Hand full ring game

On the flop you could beat a flush draw and A9. On the turn, you can beat neither.

Tough spot. I wish you'd given reads -- what kind of fish? LAGgy? Unthinking? Loose-passive? Weak-tight? And what about the other limper?

I think you may have to let this one go. Awful turn card. Heads up I might call down, but 3-way it's probably a fold.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:27 PM

into the muck.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:21 PM

I think you should have capped the flop because it makes playing the rest of the hand a lot easier. This seems to be a common theme, helpful in a lot of situations, including here.

After you cap the flop, if you are bet into on a bad turn card (like this one) you can easily fold. If its a brick, and he bets, i think you can call the turn. If its a brick turn, and the first two guys check, then you can bet.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:17 AM

your hand and the hand i posted today (QQ in BB) were somewhat similar in that the board is somewhat dry and there are 2 opponents, at least 1 fishy, and we have QQ. I think in both your and my hand we'd be in a better place to play the rest of the hand if we ram-jammed the flop. In my case, not doing so cost me the hand. In your case, you put yourself in a very awkward spot.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:48 AM

My original thought was to hit the turn with basically any card. The A clubs was basically the only card that would scare me off the turn. The UTG player had been playing very tight, I had been watching the game for 3 hours, (only 30 game going, long list,Cant. downs, minneapolis) However the player that was utg had just lost a large pot with top set on a t,3,4 board to ak and was not very happy. I did not factor this into my decision when I mucked the turn. I thought for a while on the turn, but I just believed that the Ac had to hit the utg limper. I muck, utg calls. River 2, c,c utg 2h,3h; fish jh,jc;utg scoops it with 3 dueces,ayaaaa! what a good game!
Old 08-13-2007, 08:38 AM

Easy fold, unless he is a weird LP-A player who would overlimp in EP with TT/JJ and then go nuts on a flop like this. Otherwise, there is no reasonable hand he could have to which you aren't drawing slim or dead.