Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Poker In Macau

[ QUOTE ]
"My client swung my Macau on her trip to Singapore "

Is that a euphemism or a typo ?

Otherwise, thanks for the information.

[/ QUOTE ]

Typo. I meant "...swung by Macau..."
Old 12-01-2006, 04:14 PM

I went to The Sands in Macau last december. It was a zoo in there. More pit games then I've ever seen in my life in 1 area. I'd say the area had to be at least 1/2 a football field in size. Every table was full of people and there were people side betting. I really don't think they care about poker. It doesnt have enough action.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to The Sands in Macau last december. It was a zoo in there. More pit games then I've ever seen in my life in 1 area. I'd say the area had to be at least 1/2 a football field in size. Every table was full of people and there were people side betting. I really don't think they care about poker. It doesnt have enough action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there a year and a half ago on Easter weekend (4-day weekend for many HK people) and it was pretty crazy. Cheapest minimum at a blackjack table (or any table game) was $300 HK - close to $40 U.S. at the time. Every seat at every table in the place was full. Mind you, that may have been the busiest time of the year, but it would be great if the Wynn or whomever got some poker games running there. Tons of $$ flowing through that place from HK and the mainland. I saw an interview with the Sands CEO where he said Macau had already eclipsed Vegas as the largest gambling market in the world...
Old 12-01-2006, 08:26 PM

there is nothing there
Old 12-01-2006, 09:46 PM

No poker in Macau. Just Pai Gow poker.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was there a year and a half ago on Easter weekend (4-day weekend for many HK people) and it was pretty crazy. Cheapest minimum at a blackjack table (or any table game) was $300 HK - close to $40 U.S. at the time. Every seat at every table in the place was full. Mind you, that may have been the busiest time of the year, but it would be great if the Wynn or whomever got some poker games running there. Tons of $$ flowing through that place from HK and the mainland. I saw an interview with the Sands CEO where he said Macau had already eclipsed Vegas as the largest gambling market in the world...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is nuts there. Both the 1st & 2nd floors at the Sands were totally busy.

With all the people and action there, I was really disappointed in a few aspects of the place though. People seemed to be real uneducated and rude. The staff weren't really friendly and the cage team took forever to cashout. The scan every single chip first but only have about 3-4 girls working when the lines over ten deep.

Safety, I didn't feel very safe when lining up to cashout, people stand VERY close to you and they generally look like bums. I'd say one out of ten looked clean cut and somewhat decent. I know that sounds harsh but I just wish they had more security around that area and control it better, people were squeezing in line and standing WAY too close. I was holding onto my wallet and passport very tight for that 20min wait at the cage. I hope the Wynn is better than the Sands.

Lisboa obviously was a total hole. I was approached twice in 30 minutes by loan sharks asking if I needed money. LOL. Oh the whores at Lisboa were pretty gross too. At least the Sands ho's were waiting around at the bar and a few were smokin hot wearing beautiful evening gowns, the Lisoboa ones looked cheap and very obvious.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
People seemed to be real uneducated and rude

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to sound racists, but Chinese people seem to be very rude, have no manners and no concern for their appearance. It's funny that most Japanese are the polar opposite of this.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't want to sound racists, but Chinese people seem to be very rude, have no manners and no concern for their appearance. It's funny that most Japanese are the polar opposite of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arbitrage,

if you are an american, this might well be the funniest thing I have ever read on a message board. There is no nation on this planet more rude, devoid of manners, and care less of their apperance then the obese americans.

Thanks for making me laugh before I go to sleep.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My family and I are from Hong Kong, and we like differentiate ourselves from people coming from China. Your above description of Chinese people matches our stereotype of people from China.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My family and I are from Hong Kong, and we like differentiate ourselves from people coming from China. Your above description of Chinese people matches our stereotype of people from China.

[/ QUOTE ]

Concur with the Japanese comment. People in Japan generally are very polite and treat guests with much respect. Lots of bowing and respects for people around them.

I know people in HK totally look at mainland Chinese people in a different way. A person from Hong Kong will always say that they are from "Hong Kong" not China. Is it a fear of embarrassment? They even have a name for them specifically like "ah chunz" or something like that.