Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 10:35 PM

Default Re: Since you all read this at Absolute Poker

[ QUOTE ]
This is complete [censored]

AP stop talking through Nat, get your pathetic asses on here and answer some [censored] questions

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Having a 2+2 intermediary giving away all the information is just a clever way to segment the level of information players receive. 2+2ers get a leaked confidential admittance of fault and a fancy plan where a 2+2 member gets to pick the charity! How awesome!

Then the 90% of users who aren't 2+2ers will never know about it (because it would require them to both read about it somewhere and trust that this unknown forum person is trustworthy), until there is a PR release that they are doing a charity tournament and donated XX,XXX to a charity that one of their players picked. How great, this company is super nice! This obviously is completely misrepresenting what actually happened.

But if you get an actual statement from AP:
a) It is presumably already more public
b) There is no trust issue for the common player, since it is coming from within the company

So Nat I am happy you are providing information to the people, but IMO it is better if you keep quiet regardless of what you know, and let the outrage (perhaps false outrage) build until AP is forced to say something officially.

And this is just a wacky theory of mine that may or may not make sense. I am just coming from the knowledge that there is a room somewhere in the AP offices where all these people are getting together trying to spin the PR for this whole thing in a positive way, and I think we are making it too easy for them, because as far as I'm aware there has been no official statement of any wrongdoing that hasn't been complete crap. [/rant]
Old 10-26-2007, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK AP:

I'm a fan of baseball, and the world series is going on right now. In the spirit of baseball, we'll call your company's ignoring of the initial allegations in the BBV thread strike one. Now, even though it hasn't been quite 24hrs yet since I created this thread, the fact I've yet to hear anything from any of you and I'm pretty damn confident you've read it, is a solid strike two.

Here's your chance to not strike out: Come clean to the public, admit that money never made it to any charities. Here is my new offer, assuming your silence is an indication of guilt: Admit there were a few bad seeds high up who took the money, and donate $20,000 to a verifiable charity, as a gesture to show that you are trying to move beyond the Scott Tom's days. If you guys come clean and donate $20,000 to a charity that meets my standards for being real, I will STILL donate every cent you gave me.

Please consider this -- I think most all in the public will be forgiving and gracious that you are willing to try to fix a wrong that a few bad seeds in your company allegedly partook in, and ensuring that a charity receives $27,497 (instead of the initial ~$10,000) is a great PR step.

[/ QUOTE ]

strike out
i' ll give 100
Old 10-26-2007, 11:06 PM

"There has been no official statement of any wrongdoing that hasn't been complete crap."

- quite.

AP Management still refuses to openly participate in this forum. Their only communications have been through you guys and, occasionally, meaningless letters from their lawyers. It's like pulling teeth.

You guys have more charity than AP ever will, that's for sure. Don't waste it on them. There was absolutely no need for AP release this particular statement 'unofficially', using you in place of a normal press release.

Very cheeky of them. Smacks of Mark Seif's 'unequivocal' name-dropping in that latest interview - an attempt to pretend they're actually standing shoulder-to-shoulder with you in all this. Your pain is their pain, etc.

Bollocks it is. Beware the charm offensive.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is complete [censored]

AP stop talking through Nat, get your pathetic asses on here and answer some [censored] questions

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. Having a 2+2 intermediary giving away all the information is just a clever way to segment the level of information players receive. 2+2ers get a leaked confidential admittance of fault and a fancy plan where a 2+2 member gets to pick the charity! How awesome!

Then the 90% of users who aren't 2+2ers will never know about it (because it would require them to both read about it somewhere and trust that this unknown forum person is trustworthy), until there is a PR release that they are doing a charity tournament and donated XX,XXX to a charity that one of their players picked. How great, this company is super nice! This obviously is completely misrepresenting what actually happened.

b) There is no trust issue for the common player, since it is coming from within the company

So Nat I am happy you are providing information to the people, but IMO it is better if you keep quiet regardless of what you know, and let the outrage (perhaps false outrage) build until AP is forced to say something officially.

And this is just a wacky theory of mine that may or may not make sense. I am just coming from the knowledge that there is a room somewhere in the AP offices where all these people are getting together trying to spin the PR for this whole thing in a positive way, and I think we are making it too easy for them, because as far as I'm aware there has been no official statement of any wrongdoing that hasn't been complete crap. [/rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent post
Old 10-27-2007, 05:19 AM

from pokergrader[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would ease off on the criticisms a bit. N82 and adanthar have already been flamed in other threads for NOT disclosing absolutely everything they know (even when they have very good reasons for holding off on some reveations).

Having an official AP spokesperson on 2+2 would probably be preferable (if the clueless "I want to post just for the sake posting" types didn't flame them into oblivion). Since that is not the case, however, I'm glad to get what information I can from sources who are respected on here.

This charity thing I found especially interesting, and I think the charity tournaments HAVE been announced elsewhere as well (email to players maybe? ... not sure, I'm not active there anymore).
Old 10-27-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from pokergrader[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would ease off on the criticisms a bit. N82 and adanthar have already been flamed in other threads for NOT disclosing absolutely everything they know (even when they have very good reasons for holding off on some reveations).

Having an official AP spokesperson on 2+2 would probably be preferable (if the clueless "I want to post just for the sake posting" types didn't flame them into oblivion). Since that is not the case, however, I'm glad to get what information I can from sources who are respected on here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just let it be known nowhere in my post am I criticizing Nat or anybody else involved in this situation. They are intentionally being put in very difficult situations where there is no good solution. Leak too much and the company benefits, leak not enough and the community suffers. I also applaud what they did early on (and perhaps still) in terms of keeping information they had from AP to force a thorough investigation. However it seems to me this combative attitude has somewhat been defused, even though as far as I'm aware we still have yet to see any sort of official press release that isn't crap.

It just seems to me the best solution is for the purveyors of information to go to Absolute Poker and say "Whatever information you tell me will not be passed on. If you want to communicate with your members, do it yourselves." If this leads to wild and inaccurate discussions about what happened, it is just more incentive for AP to release a statement.

I also would like to point out that I know far less about the situation than either Nat or the other people in the know and it is very possible they are doing stuff behind the scenes that transcend any of these suggestions.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:52 PM

My life has been/will continue to be super busy this weekend. I'll participate more in this thread in the next few days.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:27 PM

http://www.canterburypark.com/upload...%20Results.pdf
Old 10-29-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My life has been/will continue to be super busy this weekend. I'll participate more in this thread in the next few days.

[/ QUOTE ]
bump for an update...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
bump for an update...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's on my itinerary for tomorrow.