Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

And people complain about data-mining cash games. The fact that this site has sent out multiple tourney HH's revealing everyone's whole cards is beyond unethical and unimaginable.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josem is one of those people that lives in a rational world where people are expected to provide evidence to support claims, and people don't mindlessly create bizarre conspiracy theories to compensate for their inability to play winning poker.

UnFortunately, I don't live in that world, where I am willing to throw offensive slurs against hundreds of people with no evidence to support them.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:47 PM

Great internet detective work guys!

It amazes me that the poker minds on this website - with much more limited information - could do a 100x better job than Absolute security could do with this problem. I have a feeling you guys will solve this thing before Absolute has a clue what is going on. Kudos!
Old 10-14-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It amazes me that the poker minds on this website - with much more limited information - could do a 100x better job than Absolute security could do with this problem. I have a feeling you guys will solve this thing before Absolute has a clue what is going on. Kudos!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lolz at thinking Abso didnt know what happened with those accounts. They just tried to lie their way out of it and hoped their own stupidity wouldn't catch up with them.

But yea Nat and Snaggle have done crazy awesome work here.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:51 PM

Seriously - some internet poker site should hire you guys for the security dept. You would probably do a much better job.

And - Absolute most likely (absolutely?) had an idea of what was going on here.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:52 PM

So far the biggest scare on the AP forum is that the email addresses, which are used for login names are out there. Of course it is still early since I posted the link there, and AP has yet to respond. Given their response to any requests for info on their own forum, they may not yet be aware of this developement.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute definitely knows about it. They're just not going to purposely release information that will doom their company. At this point though the cat is out of the bag, so denying it is just going to make them look worse.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Folks,

This post in the Internet Gambling forum suggests that this is not a one-off occurence.

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time ago on Cardrunners Jsup who was one of the major CR pros at the time released a hand history for a UB tournament. For a good portion of the tournament, everybodys hole cards were shown. It was also an excel file and looked very similar to the absolute one except UB showed the hole cards one at a time as they were dealt which made it hard as hell to follow. I believe this happened on another occasion on UB as well.All in all it's not that surprising given how bad AP and UB are run.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 PM

even if AP is not reprimanded for this (i don't even know how or through what medium they would be), the bottom line is that starting soon people will be dropping like flies from MSNL and up, and also significant tourneys. even most semi-regs will hear about this eventually, and obv all regs will. the word will get out and AP will get bitten in the ass no matter how this ends up.
Old 10-14-2007, 10:13 PM

First of all, great work by everyone involved here.

Secondly, as far as public awareness goes i got a home game together the other day and brought this up. All of these guys are online players, some of them semi proish. One of them even runs a poker news site.

None of them had heard a [censored] word about this.

I think what we need to get the word out is a thorough article that presents the events in a time line and explains their significance and does so in a way your recreational player who's never so much as looked at a HH file can understand. Then this article needs to be put EVERYWHERE.
Closed Thread