Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-19-2007, 01:22 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

I saw the question asked but didn't see an answer -- Sorry if it's already been answered. Is there an estimate on when the public HUD beta will be released? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 AM

from http://rvgsoftware.com/communityserv...ums/t/132.aspx

[ QUOTE ]
HUD is very high priority but I really need to get some of these big bugs fixed quickly so I can focus on the good stuff.

Just so you don't think the HUD is never going to happen, I used my HUD between December and April of this year (that is where the screen shot is from). But then I decided to make HM much more advanced and basically ripped apart the database and the framework. So, the HUD doesn't work right now but 80% of the code from before will not change - so it won't be too far away.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

no more specific ETA is available.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can almost guarantee it will be fixed tonight. Shipitkthx has given me his aim and will be helping me out with this and at lunch I just about finished a test version to narrow this down. If anyone else with this problem will be on aim at or after 9pm PST and you'd be willing to help out please pm me uyour aim just in case Shipit can't make it.

Thanks,

Roy

[/ QUOTE ]

Spent 2 hours working on this with Shipitkthx (thanks!) and I now know that it has nothing to do with the parsing or reading of hands. It is an HM / database communication problem that is only affecting some people and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with regional settings, PostgreSQL version or OS. I love these problems! Anyways, hoping tomorrow this will be solved.

rvg
Old 07-19-2007, 03:39 AM

as for using PO database to import, pokeroffice has a "backup database option" which i used, but no idea how to import from that into HM.

with the new version the delete database works fine, still same problem when importing that it doesn't match my poker office stats as far as the amount of hands, $$ won etc it would be ok if it wasn't off by much but the difference seems large.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
weird...

maybe try copying and pasting this into WIndows Explorer?

http://www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdem...rbetasetup.zip

Let me know if that works

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, that worked. Strange it didn't earlier. Anyway, thanks, and I look forward to trying this out.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:51 AM

There's no way to export the hands from PO's database. Atleast I could not find the option. Would it be hard to import the PO's MyQSL database to TM?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 AM

go back a 15-20 post's a guy explained how to do it
Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm using 0.11, and I tried running the "by Position" report filtered on one hand, KQo, and the report came back blank. The table headers were there, but no results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you try removing all filters using clear filters and then run the position report and see if anything comes up. If it does then try going in and re-selecting KQo and exit and run the report again.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Still nothing.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:12 AM

yeah i wonder that as well, PO uses MySQL i wonder if that would be possible.

i hope so because i like my PO database! has alot of data on lots of different people and myself.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
as for using PO database to import, pokeroffice has a "backup database option" which i used, but no idea how to import from that into HM.

with the new version the delete database works fine, still same problem when importing that it doesn't match my poker office stats as far as the amount of hands, $$ won etc it would be ok if it wasn't off by much but the difference seems large.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the PO import guide created by Chris228

Importing Hands from PokerOffice Guide
--------------------------------------

Start PO and select the database with you like to export.

Go to the Overview Tab an select the wished limit.

Click "Show all" in the "Game details" section at the bottom of the Overview tab.

Now mark all hands in the "Game details" section and double click a hand or click right on a hand and select "Hand History" (can't remember with was the correct way to open the Hand History window - its quite a wihile since i used PO and haven't it installed at the moment), than a after same time (depeinding on the number of hands and your pc power - on may laptop it takes for 8000 quite a while) a Hand History windows with ALL your selected hands should appear. Mark all the text, copy (strg+c) it and paste it to a empty .txt file.

Now you can import this .txt file with HM. I don't know if MH can handel HH files with a great deal of HHs, so perhaps you have to spilt the files into file with less HH in it (this is the case for PT). I tired it successfully files cotaining ~1000 Hands.

Repeat this for all levels and databases you like to export.

Imports will be improving - I've been spending all of my time on this 0 hands imported / database issue that some people are having. Once that gets fixed you'll see big improvements to HM.

Thanks,

rvg