Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2007, 05:19 AM

Default Tough spot with KK

Villain seems pretty solid. Stats are 23/20/1.5, but I felt he was much tighter than that. I felt his range was more closer to 20/15. I don't think he 3bets light and I've been playing somewhat tight since there's been a lot of limping and raising in other hands. I'm also not sure if he'll 3bet AQ here.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO ($92)
Hero ($49.85)
SB ($57.45)
BB ($43.30)
UTG ($41.85)
MP ($24)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4.

Flop: ($12.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

Turn: ($28.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $16</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $44.50
Old 06-14-2007, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Tough spot with KK

4-bet pf and get the money in when non A high flop ?
You played it awfully IMO.
If you're up against AA then too bad, it happens and it's not your fault.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:25 AM

I didn't 4bet since I haven't been 4betting light here. I haven't been playing very aggressively this session so I felt that 4betting here would instantly give my hand away. It's also unlikely he'll just call my 4bet OOP. He's not the type to get crazy preflop. If I 4bet he's folding hands I would rather have him overvalue postflop.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:30 AM

The way I see it you got the flop you wanted and played it like it was a AAx flop or something.

O wow the thing I just saw is that the turn gave you K high FD as well.

what the [censored] man ? : D
Old 06-14-2007, 05:53 AM

I don't think I have odds to call. Also, I don't have a full 9 outs here always.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:54 AM

I think he may well do this with AA-TT and AK at least because you are raising on the button so he will put you on a wider range. If his high PFR% is because he raises alot on the button when 1st in and maybe over a limper as well, then this might mean he expects other people to steal more/play position more as well and it's possible he hasn't been watching closely enough to see that you have played tight. As played from a good player that turn bet would be fairly scary, although he could be playing aggressively with AK with the ace of hearts and the trun bet is actually only just over 1/2 pot. I think you have to reraise preflop to make the hand alot easier.
Old 06-14-2007, 07:42 AM

wow, you played this hand really really bad.....
first of all, if you cant play postflop 4 bet this preflop.

second of all, reraise flop, or as played EZ call turn...

(btw, with those stats he easy easy 3 bets aq (even kq) against a button opener...)
Old 06-15-2007, 12:59 AM

yes u def. have to RERAISE the flop.
if he calls he would most likely check the turn OOP, and u can either take it away there or check behind for potcontrol.

I think u throwed away a winner (atleast on the turn)
Old 06-15-2007, 01:03 AM

This is horrible. Start by 4betting preflop. All other arguments aside, playing like this postflop is an even stronger argument for 4betting preflop.

I hope that didn't sound harsh, I should have went to bed 2 hours ago [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2007, 01:31 AM

Preflop four-betting strategy is complicated, and unless you've taken the time to do the math to balance out your approach, you end up giving away a lot to tight, solid villains by only four-betting AA/KK preflop.

On the flop, calling is fine. There's a lot of money left to go into the middle, and raising generally folds out hands that you crush and gets it in against AA/QQ/hopefully AQ. It's a reraised pot, and you hold the king of hearts, so a flush draw really doesn't bother me. But you can't fold the turn. Time down and shove.