Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-02-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Kendall traded...

[ QUOTE ]
My argument is that he isn't our long term answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

So a 31 year old QB with a twice reconstructed shoulder and a history of injury problems isn't our "long-term answer?" Thanks.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:42 PM

Well, when you get a 7 year, $64 million deal, there are people who think otherwise. But nice try to be a smartass. BTW You're welcome.

EDIT: Yeah he got the deal a couple of years ago, but there's a chance he might be with us for a while. The people who gave him his deal are still in the FO and Clemens hasn't proven anything. I really wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 more years of CP.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:54 PM

I'm a Dolphins fan and most likely hate all of you, but I don't see how anyone can call Pennington terrible. He's EASILY an above average starting QB when healthy... which is far from terrible.

Try starting Fielder, Frerotte, Harrington, and Feely for a few years...
Old 09-02-2007, 07:57 PM

Bluef0x -
I don't think anyone called Pennington terrible. I said he has played terrible during some games, but yes I do agree that he's above average when healthy.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, when you get a 7 year, $64 million deal, there are people who think otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

So he's paid like a top 15 QB?

[ QUOTE ]
I really wouldn't be surprised to see 5-6 more years of CP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hard time not liking Jets fan but you, amigo, are a moron.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:50 PM

LOL alright. I take back that statement, as a starter there's almost no way he's here for another 5 or 6.

About his salary at the time he was paid that, I thought I heard that it was the 2nd biggest contract for a QB behind Manning. I could be wrong about that though.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pennington is good, I'm not arguing against that. My argument is that he isn't our long term answer. Clemens isn't ready yet so Penny will probably stick around for a few more years.

I actually think there is a chance that the Jets surpass the Pats in a few years when Rhodes, Vilma, Harris and Revis all hit their primes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to put this is context too. The front 3 of the Pats which is the heart and soul of that defense are all young and going to still be in their primes as well. With the possible exception of Seymour.

The Jets need to get better along both lines to compete with the Pats.

The one thing this FO has done so far is draft well. Only 2 players from the past 2 drafts are not on the team. Most if not all are expected to make contributions if they have not already done so. So Shlegel(sp) was a bad pick. I can guarantee this staff looked at how they made the mistake, analyzed it to death and will not reach like that again.

In two short years they are starting to get quality depth at some key positions. They include QB,RB,LB,DB's,WR. Geez just last year most of those positions were paper thin. Unfortunately, that does not include the O and D lines.

I think the jets can vastly improve upon last year and still be only 9-7. What I am hoping for is that like last year this team improves like it did last year as the season progressed. The most fun about last year was how with few exceptions the team improved almost every game. It has been awhile since the Jets had a coaching staff that can coach up the players and make them improve. I think that is what makes me the most optimistic about this regime.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The one thing this FO has done so far is draft well. Only 2 players from the past 2 drafts are not on the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is huge, IMO, and you can't chalk it up to "they keep their draft picks so as not to admit mistakes." See Schlegel.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pennington is good, I'm not arguing against that. My argument is that he isn't our long term answer. Clemens isn't ready yet so Penny will probably stick around for a few more years.

I actually think there is a chance that the Jets surpass the Pats in a few years when Rhodes, Vilma, Harris and Revis all hit their primes.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to put this is context too. The front 3 of the Pats which is the heart and soul of that defense are all young and going to still be in their primes as well. With the possible exception of Seymour.

The Jets need to get better along both lines to compete with the Pats.

The one thing this FO has done so far is draft well. Only 2 players from the past 2 drafts are not on the team. Most if not all are expected to make contributions if they have not already done so. So Shlegel(sp) was a bad pick. I can guarantee this staff looked at how they made the mistake, analyzed it to death and will not reach like that again.

In two short years they are starting to get quality depth at some key positions. They include QB,RB,LB,DB's,WR. Geez just last year most of those positions were paper thin. Unfortunately, that does not include the O and D lines.

I think the jets can vastly improve upon last year and still be only 9-7. What I am hoping for is that like last year this team improves like it did last year as the season progressed. The most fun about last year was how with few exceptions the team improved almost every game. It has been awhile since the Jets had a coaching staff that can coach up the players and make them improve. I think that is what makes me the most optimistic about this regime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was a certainty, I jus think there's a slight chance. I'm so excited for our defense, and what they can possibly become in a few years. The majority of our defense is still young and still improving. I'm not too optimistic about this year (terrible schedule and horrible O-line) though.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:20 AM

im actually very optimistic about this season, with the addition of a legit running game i think pennington will have a much better season, and can get back to using those nasty play action fakes which was prob the best part of his game when he first started playing. The OL isnt great, but i dont think its as bad as some of you are saying it is. My biggest worry is stopping the run, which has been a problem for the jets for the last 6 years