Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 04:27 AM

Default Re: How to Survive Idiots

If you have played over 500 games and have -1%/0% ROI, then you probably aren't good enough.

Many winning players have long stretches where they break even or even lose over x amount of games, but if you can't profit from playing 500 games at low low stakes, there must be a problem with your play.

Go to One-Table Tournament section and start learning from scratch. Accepting the fact that you are not profitable is a major step.

However, I would recommend that you start learning NL cash games instead. This is coming from a former SnG player with over 2500 games under the belt..
Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: How to Survive Idiots

I see what you're saying but one point that I'd make is that you underbet the ace to lure him in. You questioned why he moved and he said, because I had an ace. In fact, he did exactly what you wanted him to do, which is why you bet only $100 instead of more after the flop.
He sucked out on you, but the move was fine. OK, I'm telling you something you already know. Hope your luck has improved.