Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Variance: Michigan

Ann Arbor here (grad school), from NJ originally.

I giggle every time I see Koegels because I think of kegels.

I prefer MCC to Greektown, but I play at both (when im not gradschooling ldo). I am also an 80 yo woman and play bridge.

I would like the weather to pick a season plzkthx.

I would also like to find a place that makes good sandwiches (like, a nice deli, JJ can diagf) and a place that makes good breakfast sandwiches, but Ann Arbor is lacking both.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
beat or brag: I m going to the osu/mich game this weekend.
?

Anything I should know about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Park at the golf course or Pioneer HS. Tailgate until your ears fall off. Wear protective headgear in case of belligerent enemy fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and when you do, prepare to pay $40-50 for parking. You can park in someone's yard nearby for $20-30 if you're willing to walk a few blocks.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would also like to find a place that makes good sandwiches (like, a nice deli, JJ can diagf) and a place that makes good breakfast sandwiches, but Ann Arbor is lacking both.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok Zingermans around the Kerrytown area makes some excellent sandwiches with some excellent bread but tends to be in my opinion overpriced and expensive. I'm sure you've heard of Angelo's on I believe, Ann and State Street ( feels so long). The egg's benedict there is out of this world. It's not necessarily a "breakfast sandwich" but its close and its awesome.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss having Zingerman's practically next door.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:54 PM

Yeah I do miss Zingerman's. Nothing like that down here at all.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

dont care if it ruins your margins

Old 11-13-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont care if it ruins your margins

[/ QUOTE ]

The CA state motto.

Hey so any other Football game advice? Can I just go to the tailgate parties and buy/borrow peoples tailgate food or is it not that kinda party?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok Zingermans around the Kerrytown area makes some excellent sandwiches with some excellent bread but tends to be in my opinion overpriced and expensive. I'm sure you've heard of Angelo's on I believe, Ann and State Street ( feels so long). The egg's benedict there is out of this world. It's not necessarily a "breakfast sandwich" but its close and its awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

$13 sandwiches -- no thanks. I don't really care if my chicken is free-range, hippies. Yes, the sandwiches are pretty good, and I will get a sandwich there every so often. When I asked for a good deli, though, what I meant was somewhere I can go for a good sub (ya know, where the meat is sliced when you order, not presliced slabs of garbage like at Subway), for like $4-5/half or $6-7 whole -- these are all over the place in NY/NJ.

Angelo's is a place I've been meaning to get to ever since moving up here a few years ago. I think it's the last major breakfast joint in the area I haven't tried, so thanks for the reminder. Again, though, I am looking for something like a sausage, egg, and cheese on a hard roll (or even a kaiser roll if you don't know what a hard roll is). And I want the egg to come out of the shell after I place the order. No rubber, made-a-few-days-ago-and-frozen-then-defrost-and-pop-in-a-microwave crap (a la Breuggers/McDonalds). Or real bacon, not microwave.

There's a place across from where I work that you can get sausage, egg, and cheese on a bagel for like $6.

You should be able to get an egg & cheese, and a coffee (not an imported-mocha-frappa-cano with fair trade organically grown coffee -- just a god damn cup of coffee) for $3.

/rant
Old 11-13-2007, 05:39 PM

Conspire
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM

gg summer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]