Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 02:33 PM

Default Re: $2/4 NL AQ on button

nvrmind misread the hand, thought here was CO and villain was btn. (as in just reraising an opener)

yeah, should be like 16 more preflop

actually most of what I wrote doesnt make much sense in my earlier post but its pretty close as far as hand ranges. u
Old 10-07-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/fold the flop.

if you assume he's not cold calling a 3bet w/ less than AK, he probably has a decent pair. that is like the least scary flop in the world for a pair so he's not gonna let it go and your betting basically to bluff him off AK. if you think you can get him to fold a pair then you have to make up your mind on the flop and commit to firing 2 or 3 barrels to make that happen which is usually a pretty bad idea w/out a decent read. so yeah, flop bet sucks unless ur planning on putting more pressure on him later in the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea im getting there now. I had him on a pair, 77-TT was my guess. Even if i knew he had an unimproved mid pair im not mentally ready yet to risk my stack trying to move him off it, so check/fold is my only choice on that board. I see now that my flop bet alone was a waste of money, given the range i had him on.

I love this forum btw, dunno how i managed without it for so long!
Old 10-07-2007, 02:42 PM

i really dislike the re-raise too , no need for it....
Old 10-07-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dislike the re-raise too , no need for it....

[/ QUOTE ]

I wondered when youd pipe up, fool [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i really dislike the reraise here preflop ... both these guys are lags so why not just calling since you know their raising range is large then if you hit an A on the flop play it hard

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised to pick up the ~$40 already out there, or play a big pot, in position with what i expect to be the best hand most of the time. My image is tight (maybe 16/12) and most of the time i expect the raiser to fold to me. If he calls im often infront with position, if he raises i can bow out gracefully. The CO i really wasnt worried about. I figured he was calling in position with a mediocre hand. (An assumption that later bit me right in the ass)
Old 10-07-2007, 03:05 PM

on a more serious note ..i think we were both kinda correct.
what we are both gonna have to agree on is this play is only advanced if you are gonna carry on the agrresion all the way ...which whilst i dont disagree this is advanced and used by top players...we are not there and this is far too risky without maintaing the bullets or having the bankroll, never mind the ba!!!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:15 PM

bet flop only if you're going to bet turn like 70%
Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
on a more serious note ..i think we were both kinda correct.
what we are both gonna have to agree on is this play is only advanced if you are gonna carry on the agrresion all the way ...which whilst i dont disagree this is advanced and used by top players...we are not there and this is far too risky without maintaing the bullets or having the bankroll, never mind the ba!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We were both more wrong that right i think. You preflop by dismissing the raise as a mugs play and me post flop by playing it like a lemon.

Your post assumes that im always going to miss the flop high wide and handsome. The truth is, that flop was about as bad as it gets vs a likely mid pp.

If you are acknowledging that 3betting a wider variety of hands is strong, why still the reluctance to embrace it? How will you ever get to that next level if you know what you need to do to improve, but make excuses and dont do anything about it. If bankroll is a problem suck it up and move down a level. If balls are the problem, grow a pair [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 03:54 PM

ok i was trying to be diplomatic but you make it personal..no need

My opinion is still the same as one of the guys on here that there is no need to raise..if and when i do ..i do and will have the bankroll and the balls
I was actually referring to you who lack both...therfore your play made no sense whatsoever , which evweryone has concurred with , so until such time , please take the advise....

Cheers
Old 10-07-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i was trying to be diplomatic but you make it personal..no need

My opinion is still the same as one of the guys on here that there is no need to raise..if and when i do ..i do and will have the bankroll and the balls
I was actually referring to you who lack both...therfore your play made no sense whatsoever , which evweryone has concurred with , so until such time , please take the advise....

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Shame you missed the tongue in cheek way my reply was meant to read. Youve gone and hurt my feelings now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]