Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Fun w/ JJ

[ QUOTE ]
were you betting the turn if it was the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]
The way the flop action went, yeah. I checked the flop looking for more information, since I don't think betting lets me know anything about where I'm at. If it had come back to me for two bets I'd have folded, or if it went bet-call-call-call I'd have folded. As is, I felt like there was a pretty good chance my hand was ahead after it came back to me on the flop.

The turn card happened to be just about the best card possible for me, but I would have bet most non-[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
were you betting the turn if it was the 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]?

[/ QUOTE ]
The way the flop action went, yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

gotcha. i was curious as to how much the King pairing induced you to bet versus it just being a safe card. fwiw, i agree with the rest of your points and like the hand.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:08 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

I've thought about it more and I like the check a fair bit more than a bit. First, a checkraise is coming lots here which let's you just fold and still have $30. Second it's not like betting folds anyone you want to fold. Third it's good for balance, [censored] with people.
Old 08-30-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think a flop bet will drop everyone w/o a club or a K, will likel ybuy the button for the rest of the hand, and generally makes it easier to play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting gets me no valuable information whatsoever, and will often force me to fold what might be the best hand.

[ QUOTE ]
If I check, its probably with the intention of floding.

[/ QUOTE ]
There a lot of ways the action can come back to me that would make me fold, and I'm totally happy with that.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:32 PM

I play it the same, except I feel dirty after calling the flop bet and my turn plan often doesn't work out.