Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 08:55 PM

Default No Value with AAA

Hi all, it seems like i totally missplayed my set of Aces, I was looking for a street to raise/bet my Aces, so I decided to throw the bet out on the turn, what is ur decision to bet vor value ( maybe on the flop, but eventually wait for the turn ) i am clearly lost with the best hand). the villian folded obv. after i bet the turn. ( dont mind the answers, keep fair and tell me how I shouldve played it, thank you

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1731621 )
Old 11-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: No Value with AAA

It's fine. Your very rarely going to make money when you flop top set on a dry board.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:05 PM

I don't think you played this badly at all. This is the type of ragged flop where a slowplay is highly viable. I'm either playing this like you did, or betting about $3 on the flop.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:22 PM

I bet this flop 2.5 or so since its so dry as I would with a Cbet normally, might get a call from a PP or small pair which you can then check to on the turn and let them fire if nothing dangerous shows up to rerasise and raise on river.

Ive you regularly just check the flop after the preflop raise then your check is good, but I still like to bet my flops as it builds a pot if they hit sometime and with a hand like this not really anything to be afraid of.

If they dont have a decent hand just marginal I feel you get more from them calling the flop bet or if your lucky someone having a set and reraising you then trying to get them to fire weakly at it.