Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Sick sick hand...(brag)

Live limit Omaha 8 10/20 full ring game. I just made the stakes kill to 15/30 and have to post $15. A couple of EP limpers for $15. LAG who is trying to snap me off raises in MP. I call $15 more OTB w/ T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] about 5 people to the flop.

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($145)

Everyone checks to MP LAG who bets, I call, 1 other caller.

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($190)

MP bets again, I say "wow I really liked that card there" he says "would you fold your hand here if I told you I have King King Ace Deuce?" Me-"probably not, I call."

K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($250)

MP bets, I raise, he crying calls, showing me KKA2...the holy 1 outer...not to mention runner runner perfects to get paid off the max...ship the $370 pot + $100 high hand holla!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Sick sick hand...(brag)

Chop it up.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM

I had the reverse scenario happen to me in Atlantic City 1-2 years ago... I raised every street in position with top set on a fairly dry board in the hand and had been playing like an absolute rock. Stubborn older guy calls until board pairs the bottom card on the river, and 3-bets me.

actually not the worst O8 beat i've ever seen live. this hand was just disgusting. the game is $5/$10 O8 with half-kill at Taj Mahal as always, full of uber-donks and calling stations. probably about 6 people took the flop in an unraised pot (standard in AC).

flop comes out J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
extreme rock bets out from SB, and it's extremely obvious to me and anyone with half a brain that is already full. 2 of the table calling stations call anyways.

oddly enough the turn makes the board
J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Jclub:. bet, call, call.

by the river we had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bet, fold, raise, call. the old guy in the small blind looked so shocked and upset that someone raised.

he tabled J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]xx for flopped full-house and improved hand on the turn.

calling station donkey has K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]xx for rivered straight flush.

the guy who folded on the river said he fold A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I felt so bad for the old guy for someone chasing him all the way down on a double-paired board!
Old 09-30-2007, 03:09 PM

It's called the "Low Content" thread for a reason.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chop it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

...no low hand buddy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]