Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Default Re: A Blimp? A [censored] Blimp!

Other than at sporting events, I can't imagine that a blimp would be particularly effective. The money would be far better spent on commercials.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:55 PM

Would he be the first candidate with a blimp? That could make the news in a lot of places. Especially if they concentrate their blimp in IA and NH. Local news stations would be all over it I think.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Other than at sporting events, I can't imagine that a blimp would be particularly effective. The money would be far better spent on commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

Local news coverage. The amount in press generated by this is more than any amount of commercials and billboards.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Local news coverage. The amount in press generated by this is more than any amount of commercials and billboards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have more contempt for local news than anyone I know, but even I don't believe this is true. What do you think's going to happen?

"Katie, there's been yet another sighting of the mysterious levitating object in North Bumblescrew. Though the object has not yet harmed anyone, Sheriff Jenkins is recommending that citizens stay indoors and not provoke the creature--"

"Wait just a minute Tom, I'm getting a report that the creature is actually something called a "blimp." Apparently GOP Presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul acquired this floating bag of lighter-than-air gas as a publicity stunt. It seems that Dr. Paul is a wonderful human being who will free Americans from taxes and illegal immigrants!"

"Haha, what will they think of next Katie? And coming up after the break, are your kids using Tupperware in Satantic sex rituals?"
Old 11-26-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have more contempt for local news than anyone I know, but even I don't believe this is true. What do you think's going to happen?

"Katie, there's been yet another sighting of the mysterious levitating object in North Bumblescrew. Though the object has not yet harmed anyone, Sheriff Jenkins is recommending that citizens stay indoors and not provoke the creature--"

"Wait just a minute Tom, I'm getting a report that the creature is actually something called a "blimp." Apparently GOP Presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul acquired this floating bag of lighter-than-air gas as a publicity stunt. It seems that Dr. Paul is a wonderful human being who will free Americans from taxes and illegal immigrants!"

"Haha, what will they think of next Katie? And coming up after the break, are your kids using Tupperware in Satantic sex rituals?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Nomination for Politics Post of the Year. Less tupperware sex and it would have been a lock.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically, yes. People who don't know how to use the internets watch local TV news. 350K for a MONTH of use is a damned good deal, no matter how you look at it.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:25 PM

heh, a [censored] blimp.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:50 PM

Local news in NH and IA probably focuses on these primaries and what the candidates are up to quite a bit. I imagine a blimp flying through town would make the news that day.