Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 11-26-2007, 02:05 AM

Default Re: 200NL - Strangeish line against clown

This looks ok. I think a river fold is also ok considering that you rep a lot of strength on the turn. Its unlikely he bets a 7 or missed draw IMO. However, he only needs to do it 25% of the time for this to be a call so i like a call too, lol.

NH.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:47 PM

make it 75 on the turn and fold to a shove...for the same reasons you minraised the turn because he's still calling and you're more likely to get to showdown.

I think the river is a fold....really only because I dont think he ever expects us to fold to that size of bet after we raise the turn.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, I think the turn raise keeps him honest; I'm repping a monster imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he thinks and you're repping a monster to him and he's donking the river the correct read is to fold. As played I crying call then get really pissed off and end my session after he turns up A3.

EDIT: besides pf stats have you seen him donk streets previously? If it's typical of him I'd say you can justify calling.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
make it 75 on the turn and fold to a shove...for the same reasons you minraised the turn because he's still calling and you're more likely to get to showdown.

I think the river is a fold....really only because I dont think he ever expects us to fold to that size of bet after we raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would still call the river. If we are beat it is most likely to something like A3. These type of players are idiots and will do stupid random stuff when they realize they can't win at showdown regardless of the action leading up to the river.

edit: I think the fact that we minraised the turn makes this more of a call.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:56 PM

i got that u were checking behind on all rivers, but river is a fold as played imo
Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 PM

GRUNCH

is the turn miniraise an attempt at a cheap showdown? if so, I think it's fine and it'll probably get some value out of worse hands, so i like it. I hate it if you're trying to fold out a 9.

river is tough. does he ever have a 3 by the river--given flop and turn action? (maybe cause he sucks...but who knows.)If he had a big hand before the river, he's surely raise the turn.

the question is what is the intention of the flop bet? the size is weird because he's obviously capable of donking much smaller. So I don't think he'd make a blocking bet this big with a smaller pair.

Instead, I think his river bet is either a value bet (with a 3 or weird played FH) or a bluff of a missed straight. Given the turn action, I think the river call is pretty good. (although i'd like a river call alot more if u had pocket 66)
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM

I like making it 60ish on the turn for a free sd. Fold to a push obv.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In addition, I think the turn raise keeps him honest; I'm repping a monster imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
So why did you call the river?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cause villain's hand doesn't add up. we only have to be good here a small % of time. and the villain sucks and thinking on the river can be "oh damn, my straight didn't get there, i can't win by checking down, i have to bet to win" (while conveniently forgetting what the hero was repping on the turn.)
Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah really, if you're going to raise the turn you can't call the river imo. In that case calling the turn is better, which is a reasonable line if you're uncertain about how villain would react on the turn to a raise.